According to the new Stella Artois campaign, “There are no rules,” and “Continuity is clearly overrated.” These mysterious instructions actually come from the great Wim Wenders, who stars in the new Stella promotional short titled Wim Wenders’ Rules of Cinema Perfection.
Mother has created this short as part of a new campaign for Stella called The Perfectionists. The idea is that they will follow experts involved in the Stella sponsorship portfolio, and ask them to reveal the secrets behind their success. Next on the list is Wimbledon and the British Open gold championship.
In this short you’ll see Wenders standing in a variety of striking cinematic settings, delivering sparkling gems of advice that will be gold for any budding film makers. His rules range from the practical and predictable to the joyfully absurd, and I’m sure Hollywood would be a very surreal place if they duly followed all of his do’s and don’t’s. The snappy little film allows us to share in Wenders’ wisdom, but it also teaches us to not take ourselves too seriously. Wenders even seems to subtly suggest that failing the rules, or shifting the idea of what perfection could or might be, is the best and right route when striving for perfection.
- Bright, beautiful and of-the-moment portraits shot in Tijuana by Jake Michael
- Cool, contemporary identity for Crown hat-makers by Studio Moross
- LA courtroom illustrations from cases including OJ Simpson and Snoop Dogg in new monograph
- Ronni Campana's photographic collection of badly repaired cars
- Founder and editor-in-chief of Intern Magazine Alec Dudson shares his favourite books
- British Values: a new zine celebrating stories from immigrant communities in the UK
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)