Beck’s latest music video is a collage of clips sourced from various visual artists on Instagram. The video for single Wow, directed by the musician himself together with Grady Hall, brings together short videos by exciting creatives such as Sam Cannon, Randy Cano, Andy Gregg, David McLeod, John McLaughlin and Steve Smith.
The video combines footage of Beck performing on a busy motorway, spliced with random clips such as Sam Cannon’s eerie film of an eyeball blinking inside a rose, Randy Cano’s melting thumbs-up hand, David McLeod’s globular digital forms and John McLaughlin’s big-eyed furry characters. Cowboys, headbangers and a young dance troupe also feature in Grady and Beck’s part of the video.
On Andy Gregg’s Instagram, the artist explains he was asked by Beck’s production team to contribute some of his artwork to the video, for which the concept was “a music video art gallery”. All contributing artists are credited and linked to on the video.
I'm excited to have some work in the new video "Wow" by the one and only
beck! Watch the video here http://smarturl.it/WOWvid #beckWow</a></p> <p style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">A video posted by David McLeod (david_mcleod) on
Got to have some of my animations featured in the new music video "Wow" by
beck! Check it out here: http://smarturl.it/WOWvid</a></p> <p style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">A video posted by Randy Cano (randy.cano) on
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU