On April 1, Calvin Klein will launch a new line: Calvin Klein by Appointment. Handmade in New York, the line marks a departure for the iconic American brand, giving the previously celebrity by-appointment service its own made-to-measure line. Spanning embroidery to tailoring, the collection is a tribute to the Calvin Klein atelier.
Raf Simons, Chief Creative Officer of Calvin Klein explained “Calvin Klein is not only about iconic underwear and jeans – it’s about so much more.”
“Calvin Klein By Appointment 1-14 is very much about celebrating the American woman and American fashion.” “It is driven by character; it’s about a woman feeling empowered and being her own person in what she wears,” said Pieter Mulier, Calvin Klein’s Creative Director.
The 14-look collection has been photographed by Willy Vanderperre and styled by Olivier Rizzo for a campaign across newspapers, billboards and internet.
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- “It needs to be normalised that women masturbate”: meet illustrator Jordyn McGeachin
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- Six months in the (enviable) life of photographer Ryan Lowry
- We get to know hilarious and thoughtful illustrator, Ruby Etc