To launch the first issue of the publication we were keen that everybody that pre-ordered the issue got something a little special and Print Liberation provided exactly that. The image went on to feature in our first shop collection and will be re-printed in the new year.
Print Liberation’s image from 2009 is this, “That’s what it feels like inside our brains…”
Mark out of 9 for 2009?
8. It was a pretty good year, we opened a store front Yikes!
Best new discovery?
The 24 hour Mcdonald’s in Times Square.
The DESTROY FOX NEWS shirt.
What were you doing this time last year?
Freaking out about everything.
What broke? How did you fix it?
Somebody above our studio forgot to hook up the washing machine drain hose which made it rain brown water on some 200 freshly printed shirts. We challenged them to a showdown in the desert and they never showed up.
What piece of work really stood out for you?
Did you get Swine Flu?
No but it was close, our intern did.
What are you going to miss about 2009 and what are you looking forward to in 2010?
The new years eve glasses where the 00 of the year are the rims. The debate over weather to say “twenty-ten” or “two-thousand-ten.”
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Like a warm embrace, it's Best of the Web!
- Swedish illustrator Malin Rosenqvist creates textural works about psychology and powerful women
- Animator Jimmy Simpson creates technology-inspired ident for MTV
- Leander Assmann's illustrations are full of paired-back shapes and patterns
- Illustrator Andrey Kasay invites us into his surreal yet amusing world
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio