To launch the first issue of the publication we were keen that everybody that pre-ordered the issue got something a little special and Print Liberation provided exactly that. The image went on to feature in our first shop collection and will be re-printed in the new year.
Print Liberation’s image from 2009 is this, “That’s what it feels like inside our brains…”
Mark out of 9 for 2009?
8. It was a pretty good year, we opened a store front Yikes!
Best new discovery?
The 24 hour Mcdonald’s in Times Square.
The DESTROY FOX NEWS shirt.
What were you doing this time last year?
Freaking out about everything.
What broke? How did you fix it?
Somebody above our studio forgot to hook up the washing machine drain hose which made it rain brown water on some 200 freshly printed shirts. We challenged them to a showdown in the desert and they never showed up.
What piece of work really stood out for you?
Did you get Swine Flu?
No but it was close, our intern did.
What are you going to miss about 2009 and what are you looking forward to in 2010?
The new years eve glasses where the 00 of the year are the rims. The debate over weather to say “twenty-ten” or “two-thousand-ten.”
- Submit Saturdays: photographer and filmmaker Harry Israelson's bright, smart portfolio
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery