To launch the first issue of the publication we were keen that everybody that pre-ordered the issue got something a little special and Print Liberation provided exactly that. The image went on to feature in our first shop collection and will be re-printed in the new year.
Print Liberation’s image from 2009 is this, “That’s what it feels like inside our brains…”
Mark out of 9 for 2009?
8. It was a pretty good year, we opened a store front Yikes!
Best new discovery?
The 24 hour Mcdonald’s in Times Square.
The DESTROY FOX NEWS shirt.
What were you doing this time last year?
Freaking out about everything.
What broke? How did you fix it?
Somebody above our studio forgot to hook up the washing machine drain hose which made it rain brown water on some 200 freshly printed shirts. We challenged them to a showdown in the desert and they never showed up.
What piece of work really stood out for you?
Did you get Swine Flu?
No but it was close, our intern did.
What are you going to miss about 2009 and what are you looking forward to in 2010?
The new years eve glasses where the 00 of the year are the rims. The debate over weather to say “twenty-ten” or “two-thousand-ten.”
- Sam Pilling, Hattie Newman, Phil Sharp and Kit Caless at Nicer Tuesdays September
- Stephanie Unger’s instinctive illustrations use bright colours and simple shapes
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Nobrow co-founder Sam Arthur shares his favourite books
- Photographer Laura Pannack finds inspiration in a Romanian folk tale
- Ho Tam, the one-man-band publisher
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf