To launch the first issue of the publication we were keen that everybody that pre-ordered the issue got something a little special and Print Liberation provided exactly that. The image went on to feature in our first shop collection and will be re-printed in the new year.
Print Liberation’s image from 2009 is this, “That’s what it feels like inside our brains…”
Mark out of 9 for 2009?
8. It was a pretty good year, we opened a store front Yikes!
Best new discovery?
The 24 hour Mcdonald’s in Times Square.
The DESTROY FOX NEWS shirt.
What were you doing this time last year?
Freaking out about everything.
What broke? How did you fix it?
Somebody above our studio forgot to hook up the washing machine drain hose which made it rain brown water on some 200 freshly printed shirts. We challenged them to a showdown in the desert and they never showed up.
What piece of work really stood out for you?
Did you get Swine Flu?
No but it was close, our intern did.
What are you going to miss about 2009 and what are you looking forward to in 2010?
The new years eve glasses where the 00 of the year are the rims. The debate over weather to say “twenty-ten” or “two-thousand-ten.”
- Steve Powers' New York street signs offer an alternative perspective
- Rebecca Scheinberg comes pretty damn close to making perfect photographs
- Hamburg-based studio I Like Birds' comprehensive film festival identity
- The Plant creates identity for Walthamstow business hub using a process from 1905
- Wayfaring land artist Richard Long pays homage to his Bristol roots
- Designs for a tarot deck celebrating black stars and overseen by Jodorowsky
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic logos unveiled
- Embracing the uncanny with photographer Nadia Lee Cohen (NSFW)
- Hello and welcome to the new look It’s Nice That
- Street photographer Vincent Chapters captures London’s spirit
- Yolanda Dominguez asks kids to describe what they see in fashion campaigns