To launch the first issue of the publication we were keen that everybody that pre-ordered the issue got something a little special and Print Liberation provided exactly that. The image went on to feature in our first shop collection and will be re-printed in the new year.
Print Liberation’s image from 2009 is this, “That’s what it feels like inside our brains…”
Mark out of 9 for 2009?
8. It was a pretty good year, we opened a store front Yikes!
Best new discovery?
The 24 hour Mcdonald’s in Times Square.
The DESTROY FOX NEWS shirt.
What were you doing this time last year?
Freaking out about everything.
What broke? How did you fix it?
Somebody above our studio forgot to hook up the washing machine drain hose which made it rain brown water on some 200 freshly printed shirts. We challenged them to a showdown in the desert and they never showed up.
What piece of work really stood out for you?
Did you get Swine Flu?
No but it was close, our intern did.
What are you going to miss about 2009 and what are you looking forward to in 2010?
The new years eve glasses where the 00 of the year are the rims. The debate over weather to say “twenty-ten” or “two-thousand-ten.”
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?