I have always had a big soft spot for Roger Dean’s paintings. When I saw Avatar I felt that bits of it were familiar but couldn’t really put my finger on why. Then I was in a bookshop and picked up his book and bam! there was pandora, complete with floating mountains, rock arches and brightly coloured dragons.
I was sure he must have had a hand in the artistic direction of Avatar so I checked it out. It seems not, and there is a lot of conjecture about law suits! Make up your own mind. His site is a little sparse but Google image search will get you a lot.
- Superb updates from plus mûrs showcase slick design and 90s net-art influences
- Mattress Men: a new film tells the tale of Dublin's local hero Mattress Mick
- Baptiste Virot gives us summer vibes with his pop art-inspired illustrations
- Design studio Build creates bold branding for Nike’s Track and Field line
- Marco Onofri tackles the topic of internet lust in The Followers (NSFW)
- Enter your work for the chance to be an It’s Nice That Graduate of 2016!
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- David Hockney reveals what life is like in his Los Angeles studio
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs