Director Benjamin Portas has created this hypnotic and trippy video for Toronto-based band Fresh Snow and their new track I Can’t Die. The psychedelic animation sees “constructed spaces and realities in digital purgatory”, where floating eyeballs and gloopy, changeable shapes meander a world full of imagery that belongs on forgotten record sleeves of the 1970s.
To continue the slightly nostalgic trip, Benjamin pulls on various internet and digitally-charged references like arrow clickers, pixellated infographics and screensaver-like compositions. Using a rich colour palette of soft burgundy, mustard and steely blue, the director transports us to another world, that’s abstract, mind-bending and hypnotic.
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design