Director Benjamin Portas has created this hypnotic and trippy video for Toronto-based band Fresh Snow and their new track I Can’t Die. The psychedelic animation sees “constructed spaces and realities in digital purgatory”, where floating eyeballs and gloopy, changeable shapes meander a world full of imagery that belongs on forgotten record sleeves of the 1970s.
To continue the slightly nostalgic trip, Benjamin pulls on various internet and digitally-charged references like arrow clickers, pixellated infographics and screensaver-like compositions. Using a rich colour palette of soft burgundy, mustard and steely blue, the director transports us to another world, that’s abstract, mind-bending and hypnotic.
- Beehives, blondes and boobs: Dolly Faibyshev photographs Dollypalooza
- Bold Decisions tests a type specimen’s form in personable font, Lars
- Graphic designer Cecilia Serafini uses typography with vibrant panache
- London-based Osheyi Adebayo references his childhood in his retro graphic design
- Tristan Pigott paints “real contemporaries” in upcoming solo exhibition, Juicy Bits
- “The great thing about this book is you don’t have to read it”: sculptor Wilfrid Wood on his favourite books
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero depicts the female body as a canvas for Apartamento (NSFW)
- After Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, Miranda Tacchia’s characters found life on Instagram
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris