Spring is in the air, and in our steps. Why? Not because we’ve been out frolicking in the fields, but because we’ve been surfing the infinite waves of the world wide web to find you the very best gems among it.
This week my mate Rowan started sharing some of his nostalgic indie moments on Twitter and then a whole other bunch of people caught on posting their myspace heartbreaks and awkward 2007 memories such as John Prescott (?!) (Manda)
Quite a statement that Saint Laurent has completely wiped the slate clean within days of Hedi Slimane’s exit. Changed the name of the house back to original and deleted entire Instagram history. (Alex H)
Japanese Rope Jumping. It was all a dream… (Ali)
Vanity Fair looks at the raucous life of one of The New Yorker’s most prolific cartoonists. (Alex H)
A new website that revels in the debauchery and mayhem behind the most famous figures from art history (as well as providing useful information). (Owen)
Very interesting piece on Design Week about a new sex-proof tampon aimed at “empowering couples.” (Emily)
An interesting article on how the 2016 Olympic logo and font were created. (Simon)
Dancing dog. No words needed. (Ali)
Saw this short other day and thought it was nice, might have quite a lot to do with the fact that I love Jeff Buckley. (Jess)
Online cinema club streams good/weird films every week. (Carol)
Vice spoke to the director of the one-take film everyone’s talking about, Victoria, Sebastian Schipper. (Emily)
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s