It’s very exhilarating to see people taking something destructive and turning it into something creative; with that in mind please welcome the Computer Virus Catalog.
It’s the brainchild of Amsterdam-based Bas van de Poel, who invited a host of top illustrators to create images insider by “the worst viruses in computer history.” With the likes of HORT, Sarah Mazzetti, Jonathan Zawada and Sam Coldy taking part, there’s some top quality talent involved and an eclectic mix of visual styles to enjoy. It’s also gently educational, with a short paragraph explaining each virus accompanying the image; welcome to a strange world of odd codenames and impressively annoying ways of messing with your Mac.
- Jason Shulman captures entire movies in a single image
- Rebecca Chew adds handcrafts to Esquire Singapore’s art direction
- A sublime update of work from photography duo Scheltens & Abbenes
- Brand Union discusses the merits and pitfalls of the design process behind the Tokyo 2020 Olympics logo
- Baker and Alex Simpson’s film on the legacy of modernist architect Wells Coates
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery