It’s very exhilarating to see people taking something destructive and turning it into something creative; with that in mind please welcome the Computer Virus Catalog.
It’s the brainchild of Amsterdam-based Bas van de Poel, who invited a host of top illustrators to create images insider by “the worst viruses in computer history.” With the likes of HORT, Sarah Mazzetti, Jonathan Zawada and Sam Coldy taking part, there’s some top quality talent involved and an eclectic mix of visual styles to enjoy. It’s also gently educational, with a short paragraph explaining each virus accompanying the image; welcome to a strange world of odd codenames and impressively annoying ways of messing with your Mac.
- Best of the Web: the stuff we found online that we just can't wait to show you
- Cartoonist Nathan Cowdry introduces a strange and wonderful world in his comic, Western Voyeur
- Things: the August edition
- Andy Warhol: original FOMO artist, Polaroid photographer extraordinaire
- Bielke&Yang creates bright, playful Oslo Design Fair identity
- Bizarre film follows feline photographer Larry Johnson at New Jersey cat show
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games logo scrapped over plagiarism row, according to reports
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- Sarah Illenberger explores horticulture with her exotic new series Wonderplants
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang