It’s very exhilarating to see people taking something destructive and turning it into something creative; with that in mind please welcome the Computer Virus Catalog.
It’s the brainchild of Amsterdam-based Bas van de Poel, who invited a host of top illustrators to create images insider by “the worst viruses in computer history.” With the likes of HORT, Sarah Mazzetti, Jonathan Zawada and Sam Coldy taking part, there’s some top quality talent involved and an eclectic mix of visual styles to enjoy. It’s also gently educational, with a short paragraph explaining each virus accompanying the image; welcome to a strange world of odd codenames and impressively annoying ways of messing with your Mac.
- Hello and welcome to the new look It’s Nice That
- Sweet, surreal still lifes by Paris-based Clotilde Viannay
- We ask some established creatives what they wish they'd learned at art school
- Embracing the uncanny with photographer Nadia Lee Cohen (NSFW)
- Music's slick, dark designs for British Fashion Council annual review
- Wonder Room shows how to adapt posters designed for print for online
- Yolanda Dominguez asks kids to describe what they see in fashion campaigns
- Street photography shot on an iPhone during fake phonecalls by Jay Giampietro
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic logos unveiled
- Should creatives ever accept unpaid work? We ask some seasoned experts
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- We get a sneak peek of TASCHEN's new book documenting 50 years of Pirelli