It’s very exhilarating to see people taking something destructive and turning it into something creative; with that in mind please welcome the Computer Virus Catalog.
It’s the brainchild of Amsterdam-based Bas van de Poel, who invited a host of top illustrators to create images insider by “the worst viruses in computer history.” With the likes of HORT, Sarah Mazzetti, Jonathan Zawada and Sam Coldy taking part, there’s some top quality talent involved and an eclectic mix of visual styles to enjoy. It’s also gently educational, with a short paragraph explaining each virus accompanying the image; welcome to a strange world of odd codenames and impressively annoying ways of messing with your Mac.
- You lucky devils, it's Best of the Web!
- Bogdan Ceausescu and Sebastian Pren experiment with grids and shapes in their latest zine
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborne portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again