These past few weeks have been hot, so much so that one member of the It’s Nice That team complained that even her brain was sweating. But like the TROOPERS that we are we are dealing with it and here’s hoping the arrival of June ushers in a mutual truce between us pasty Brits and the Sun-Gods.
We are super excited about our one day creative symposium Here taking place in September. With Sir Paul Smith, Job (Letman) and Roel Wouters, Quentin Jones and experimental antics from Bompas & Parr already on the agenda we’re counting the days and hope you’ll come join us at The Royal Geographical Society for what should be an epic day.
Online the new site has well and truly bedded in now and thanks to everyone who sent us feedback (good and bad!) which helped us analyse the process enormously. You spoke in your hundreds and wherever possible we listened, so for example the RSS feed was restored to provide more information.
It’s an ongoing project and we’ll keep looking at what works and what doesn’t, but rest assured we’re committed to making It’s Nice That the best possible experience for all our readers.
We’ve also launched our Studio Audience podcast over recent weeks and we’ve been thrilled by the quality of guests who’ve come in and shared their wisdom with us on all things creative. They are released fortnightly and you can subscribe on iTunes to ensure you don’t miss a moment of our new venture.
Enjoy the long weekend if you’re in the UK and enjoy nevertheless a normal-sized weekend if you’re not and remember together we’re stronger (for fights, strikes that kind of thing).
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- British Values: a new zine celebrating stories from immigrant communities in the UK
- A well-crafted, shapeshifting print project celebrating 100 years of design manifestos
- Movers and image-makers: a masterclass in fashion photography from Nick Knight
- Bright, beautiful and of-the-moment portraits shot in Tijuana by Jake Michaels
- Cool, contemporary identity for Crown hat-makers by Studio Moross
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)