These past few weeks have been hot, so much so that one member of the It’s Nice That team complained that even her brain was sweating. But like the TROOPERS that we are we are dealing with it and here’s hoping the arrival of June ushers in a mutual truce between us pasty Brits and the Sun-Gods.
We are super excited about our one day creative symposium Here taking place in September. With Sir Paul Smith, Job (Letman) and Roel Wouters, Quentin Jones and experimental antics from Bompas & Parr already on the agenda we’re counting the days and hope you’ll come join us at The Royal Geographical Society for what should be an epic day.
Online the new site has well and truly bedded in now and thanks to everyone who sent us feedback (good and bad!) which helped us analyse the process enormously. You spoke in your hundreds and wherever possible we listened, so for example the RSS feed was restored to provide more information.
It’s an ongoing project and we’ll keep looking at what works and what doesn’t, but rest assured we’re committed to making It’s Nice That the best possible experience for all our readers.
We’ve also launched our Studio Audience podcast over recent weeks and we’ve been thrilled by the quality of guests who’ve come in and shared their wisdom with us on all things creative. They are released fortnightly and you can subscribe on iTunes to ensure you don’t miss a moment of our new venture.
Enjoy the long weekend if you’re in the UK and enjoy nevertheless a normal-sized weekend if you’re not and remember together we’re stronger (for fights, strikes that kind of thing).
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016
- What do you do if your design agency fails? One designer and ex-agency owner's support and advice
- Vibrant and bold work from French illustrator Mary Lou Faure
- All of human life was there: welcome back to the Best of the Web
- Jody Barton's passionate and political work masters many disciplines
- A Hail Mary pass: how to win the ads at the Super Bowl
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Challenging sexism, workplace stress and mindfulness through illustration
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood