These past few weeks have been hot, so much so that one member of the It’s Nice That team complained that even her brain was sweating. But like the TROOPERS that we are we are dealing with it and here’s hoping the arrival of June ushers in a mutual truce between us pasty Brits and the Sun-Gods.
We are super excited about our one day creative symposium Here taking place in September. With Sir Paul Smith, Job (Letman) and Roel Wouters, Quentin Jones and experimental antics from Bompas & Parr already on the agenda we’re counting the days and hope you’ll come join us at The Royal Geographical Society for what should be an epic day.
Online the new site has well and truly bedded in now and thanks to everyone who sent us feedback (good and bad!) which helped us analyse the process enormously. You spoke in your hundreds and wherever possible we listened, so for example the RSS feed was restored to provide more information.
It’s an ongoing project and we’ll keep looking at what works and what doesn’t, but rest assured we’re committed to making It’s Nice That the best possible experience for all our readers.
We’ve also launched our Studio Audience podcast over recent weeks and we’ve been thrilled by the quality of guests who’ve come in and shared their wisdom with us on all things creative. They are released fortnightly and you can subscribe on iTunes to ensure you don’t miss a moment of our new venture.
Enjoy the long weekend if you’re in the UK and enjoy nevertheless a normal-sized weekend if you’re not and remember together we’re stronger (for fights, strikes that kind of thing).
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August