These past few weeks have been hot, so much so that one member of the It’s Nice That team complained that even her brain was sweating. But like the TROOPERS that we are we are dealing with it and here’s hoping the arrival of June ushers in a mutual truce between us pasty Brits and the Sun-Gods.
We are super excited about our one day creative symposium Here taking place in September. With Sir Paul Smith, Job (Letman) and Roel Wouters, Quentin Jones and experimental antics from Bompas & Parr already on the agenda we’re counting the days and hope you’ll come join us at The Royal Geographical Society for what should be an epic day.
Online the new site has well and truly bedded in now and thanks to everyone who sent us feedback (good and bad!) which helped us analyse the process enormously. You spoke in your hundreds and wherever possible we listened, so for example the RSS feed was restored to provide more information.
It’s an ongoing project and we’ll keep looking at what works and what doesn’t, but rest assured we’re committed to making It’s Nice That the best possible experience for all our readers.
We’ve also launched our Studio Audience podcast over recent weeks and we’ve been thrilled by the quality of guests who’ve come in and shared their wisdom with us on all things creative. They are released fortnightly and you can subscribe on iTunes to ensure you don’t miss a moment of our new venture.
Enjoy the long weekend if you’re in the UK and enjoy nevertheless a normal-sized weekend if you’re not and remember together we’re stronger (for fights, strikes that kind of thing).
- Iris Erlings’ delicate drawings are inspired by the works of modernist sculptors
- Node Berlin Oslo talks through its redesign of Hans der Kulturen der Welt
- A closer look at five creatives speaking at Design Indaba 2017
- Anxiety, speed and rave flyers: artist Mark Leckey on his iconic video "Fiorucci Made Me Hardcore"
- We speak to Lovetrue director Alma Har’el about her surrealist short film for The Fifth Sense
- Adventures in Typography: Spin’s new book about its creative process
- UN Women Egypt releases intricately illustrated print ads to highlight gender divide at work
- Chinese photographer Ren Hang has died aged 29
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Photographer Zuza Krajewska's fragile portraits of Polish young offenders
- Miffy creator, author and illustrator Dick Bruna dies aged 89
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality