As editor-in-chief of The Gentlewoman, Penny Martin is a publishing world powerhouse. Having studied 1980s fashion magazines at the Royal College of Art and a stint as professor of fashion imagery at the London College of Fashion, she was ideally placed to head up the editorial team at Nick Knight’s SHOWstudio before taking over Gert Jonkers’ and Jop van Bennekom’s female answer to Fantastic Man.
Penny has redefined the genre through the magazine’s anti-fantasy approach to showcasing inspirational women, offering an intelligent perspective on fashion that’s focused on personal style – the way women actually look, think and dress.
We are hugely excited to welcome her to the symposium this year. Join us – get your tickets here!
WeTransfer is a file transfer service which was built to get files from A to B with no hassle, no stress and no charge. But it is much more than that; at its heart is a global exhibition of creative talent. In curating the wallpapers and experience you see on WeTransfer today, they have built an amazing network of artists, illustrators, entrepreneurs, photographers, shops and artisans. It has allowed WeTransfer to provide a free tool for their users, but also support the creativity of some incredible businesses and people around the world.
- Best of the Web: a few of our favourite things we've spotted on the internet this week
- Tom Phillips' magnum opus turned a Victorian novel into a work of art spanning 50 years
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang
- Raphael Schoen's cheerfully chaotic posters for a Swiss youth club
- Illustrators including Sam Taylor and Charlotte Mei's tributes to NWA's Straight Outta Compton
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The homeless Dirty Kids of America and their "rainbow party" explored in new film
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting