As editor-in-chief of The Gentlewoman, Penny Martin is a publishing world powerhouse. Having studied 1980s fashion magazines at the Royal College of Art and a stint as professor of fashion imagery at the London College of Fashion, she was ideally placed to head up the editorial team at Nick Knight’s SHOWstudio before taking over Gert Jonkers’ and Jop van Bennekom’s female answer to Fantastic Man.
Penny has redefined the genre through the magazine’s anti-fantasy approach to showcasing inspirational women, offering an intelligent perspective on fashion that’s focused on personal style – the way women actually look, think and dress.
We are hugely excited to welcome her to the symposium this year. Join us – get your tickets here!
WeTransfer is a file transfer service which was built to get files from A to B with no hassle, no stress and no charge. But it is much more than that; at its heart is a global exhibition of creative talent. In curating the wallpapers and experience you see on WeTransfer today, they have built an amazing network of artists, illustrators, entrepreneurs, photographers, shops and artisans. It has allowed WeTransfer to provide a free tool for their users, but also support the creativity of some incredible businesses and people around the world.
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August