What sets Mark Porter apart from other editorial designers is that he studied modern languages at the University of Oxford. Clearly he isn’t your conventional designer, and after spending several years in the magazine industry, he joined The Guardian, where he was responsible for a ground-breaking relaunch of the newspaper, and the design of The Guardian’s award-winning website and mobile apps.
In 2010 he set up Mark Porter Associates, which handles a broad range of international media projects, creating identities and products for paper, web, mobile and television.
A revolutionary designer, we are delighted to have Mark speak at Here 2013, where he will talk about his unorthodox background, how he got into design and the lessons he learnt along the way. Mark will also run through his greatest achievements and how his working methods have developed over the course of his career, looking at what it means to be an editorial designer in 2013.
For more info on Here 2013 and to get tickets please visit: www.here-london.com
There are group discounts available – please email email@example.com. If you’re a student or recent 2012 graduate then we’re offering educational discounts (£60 for full day pass) – simply email firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code.
- Best of the Web: a few of our favourite things we've spotted on the internet this week
- Tom Phillips' magnum opus turned a Victorian novel into a work of art spanning 50 years
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang
- Raphael Schoen's cheerfully chaotic posters for a Swiss youth club
- Illustrators including Sam Taylor and Charlotte Mei's tributes to NWA's Straight Outta Compton
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The homeless Dirty Kids of America and their "rainbow party" explored in new film
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting