What sets Mark Porter apart from other editorial designers is that he studied modern languages at the University of Oxford. Clearly he isn’t your conventional designer, and after spending several years in the magazine industry, he joined The Guardian, where he was responsible for a ground-breaking relaunch of the newspaper, and the design of The Guardian’s award-winning website and mobile apps.
In 2010 he set up Mark Porter Associates, which handles a broad range of international media projects, creating identities and products for paper, web, mobile and television.
A revolutionary designer, we are delighted to have Mark speak at Here 2013, where he will talk about his unorthodox background, how he got into design and the lessons he learnt along the way. Mark will also run through his greatest achievements and how his working methods have developed over the course of his career, looking at what it means to be an editorial designer in 2013.
For more info on Here 2013 and to get tickets please visit: www.here-london.com
There are group discounts available – please email email@example.com. If you’re a student or recent 2012 graduate then we’re offering educational discounts (£60 for full day pass) – simply email firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code.
- Is postgraduate study right for you? A handy guide to help you decide
- Jan Novák’s conceptual typefaces and identities are both functional and clear
- Parisian studio Akatre on their music video for Grand Yellow
- Max Baitinger’s comic Birgit illustrates the ballsy decision to quit your job
- Sam Taylor on creating a triptych of weekly illustrations for tech mag T3
- Leah Gordon photographs the Freemasons of contemporary Haiti
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Pigalle, Ill-Studio and Nike have redesigned the Paris Duperré basketball court
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- From Lemon Twigs to Laura Marling: Hollie Fernando’s painterly photography folio
- Why materials matter: Seetal Solanki on the Grenfell Tower tragedy