The New York Times style magazine, T, has found a new and decidedly charming way of approaching the festival of all things luxe which is Paris Couture week. Artist and contributing editor Konstantin Kakanias has made a series of illustrations showing her alter ego, a high society dame named Mrs Tependris, indulging in the endless parade of shows and parties. “She hadn’t been for years,” according to Konstantin, “things have changed, so she was a bit confused when she arrived.” It seems she soon settled back into the the high life though.
The series is called Complicated Coats and Cabinets of Curiosities at Paris Couture (gosh) and consists of Mrs Tependris’ reflections on the things she did and saw, alongside whimsical drawings of her many encounters. Highlights include Donatella having to be lifted off down from the Versace catwalk because her outfit is “too tight, darling”, and a charismatic rendering of go-to architect for luxury retail Peter Marino arriving at the Dior show as his own alter ego, Pedro. Quite frankly, Mrs Tependris looks like a scream; here’s hoping she makes a reappearance at the ready-to-wear shows come September.
- Brian Griffin's haunting new photography book documents paths that led to the Holocaust
- Japanese designer Tadashi Ueda is back with some ambiguously playful posters
- Great design redressing scuzzy skate aesthetics for new totally rad boardsports mag
- Eric Shaw's abstract looped paintings start as digital sketches
- The Midlands folk who celebrate all-things American, shot beautifully by Tom Martin
- Matthew Brooks documents the eerie homes of mid-century Italian-Canadian immigrants
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)