Come one, come all and gather round, It’s Nice That has a rather exciting announcement. For the first time EVER, winter 2012 sees the publication of the It’s Nice That Annual, a round-up of the very best content we’ve been lucky enough to post over the past 12 months.
With at least 50 things showcased on the site every week, we realised there was a great opportunity to slow everything down and take a second, lingering look at some of the most exciting and engaging projects we’ve featured. So we’ve packed the work of over 150 creatives into an enormous volume for your enjoyment.
The limited edition 264-page full-colour hardback also features a lovely illustrated ramble through our regular Bookshelf feature and a celebration of our shiny new 2012 Graduates.
And that’s not all. We are delighted that for this exciting new project we were able to commission the uber-talented Parra to design a bespoke cover full to bursting with his trademark typographic talent.
We’ll be unveiling more spreads over the coming weeks but if you’ve got a Christmas List (you should have, it’s October for goodness sake) then best stick this on it. The book will not be available in stockists, only through our online shop, and has a special pre-order price of £35 including postage and packaging to the UK, mainland Europe and the USA. The Annual will be shipped in early December.
We feel giddy, we may need to sit down…
- Graphic designer Cecilia Serafini uses typography with vibrant panache
- London-based Osheyi Adebayo references his childhood in his retro graphic design
- Tristan Pigott paints “real contemporaries” in upcoming solo exhibition, Juicy Bits
- “The great thing about this book is you don’t have to read it”: sculptor Wilfrid Wood on his favourite books
- The return of the hovering art director: Nejc Prah visualises a day in the life of four art directors
- Hippolyte Cupillard’s film follows the dreamlike ascent of a mountain climber
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero depicts the female body as a canvas for Apartamento (NSFW)
- After Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, Miranda Tacchia’s characters found life on Instagram
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris