First up in our football-themed Nicer Tuesdays talks is self-confessed “stats nerd” Christoph Lorenzi of Sennep who became frustrated with the limited opportunities for football sticker trading he encountered as an adult: “Once you leave school it gets really hard to find people to swap with!” So the studio built an online sticker swapping website, after working out that it would otherwise take on average 824 packs to achieve the coveted completed album. The original site was built in just one week and has now been improved ahead of the World Cup next month; proof that if something geeky’s worth doing, it’s worth doing right.
Founded in 1991, Park Communications is considered by many to be London’s preeminent printer. With a roster of both corporate and cultural clients, Park is a one-stop-shop to translate, artwork, print and bind literature of many different kinds, from the finest coffee table books and catalogues, through FTSE annual reports, to niche market magazines and brochures. Working closely with clients to develop bespoke creative solutions, Park’s reputation is built on the highest quality, reliability and flexibility.
They have brought their professionalism to both our Printed Pages magazine and the It’s Nice That Annual 2013, and we look forward to working with them in 2014 and beyond. To contact Park, email Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the website www.parkcom.co.uk.
- Submit Saturdays: photographer and filmmaker Harry Israelson's bright, smart portfolio
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery