Ah, October. Greenday are waking up from their September-induced slumber, WHSmiths have nothing left on their stationery shelves, you’ve washed all the Glasto-mud and holiday sand out of your hair only to replace it with grease and pot noodle juice because you’re so busy making fantastic new work that you haven’t showered in several days.
Don’t worry, though, you might not have spoken to anybody but your flatmate and your tutor this past week but we still want to talk to you! So much so, in fact, that we’re relaunching our Student of the Month competition just in the nick of time for the new academic year to start. So if you’ve been busy building, drawing, painting or sculpting (ain’t no creative talent we can’t get behind) send your very best project through to us and we will inform the world about how fantastic you are!
Check out the terms and conditions below as per. Read them as you would a tenancy agreement, not a compulsory course textbook.
What to submit
We only want you to submit ONE project, but it should be your finest work to date. So if it’s a project you made in your first year and you’re now in your second, that’s great, but don’t forget that you must still be in education to qualify. We want to see cool new work from students who don’t study art and design-based subjects, too, even if it is just bits and pieces you’re making alongside your course!
Text and Links
– Your full name
– Full course title
– Place of study
– What year you’re currently in
Next, send through a paragraph of no more than 150 words about you, your project, and when the work was made . Of course, include a web link: blog, flickr, tumblr, website – all very handy! We’ll be back in touch for more information if you are selected.
If you’re submitting a video/moving image piece, please include a link to YouTube or Vimeo.
– Maximum of five images, at a maximum of 705 pixels wide.
– Include them as attachments within an email, and not as a zip or pdf.
Where to submit
In the subject line of your email, please include the title Student of the Month and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student of the Month is kindly supported by Laurence King Publishing. You can sign up to the LKP Student List now to get 35% off all our student titles at www.laurenceking.com.
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan