Remember when Dan Wilton went on that raucous tour with naughty duo The Bots and made his photos into a really funny zine? Well, he’s only bloody gone and done it again, this time with wild music makers, T-E-E-D. What’s so nice about Dan using this style again is that we’re starting to notice a pattern emerging in his work whereby he always seems to capture people when they are wet, about to be wet, or in water. Here’s Dan to tell us a bit more about that. “I’d been thinking of doing another fan/tour zine for a while following on from STOB EHT. Orlando (TEED) loved STOB EHT and it just fit with him finishing his current tour – so I went along for the ride documenting his final few shows at in Croatia.”
“We were there for 8 days with him headlining a festival and playing a few boat parties in between. There were some massive storms throughout the week so the photos feature a lot of rain….a lot of water in general – pools, hot tubs, bath parties. Him and his dancers/crew have a ritual of always getting into the bath all together after each gig. Next up I’m off to the US in January to (hopefully) finish my long running project on the people of Green Bay with a book/exhibition in the summer. Plus another Bots collab in the works with Stevie Gee.”
Very exciting. Nice one Dan! Buy his new zine for your loved ones here.
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- Photographer Josh Cohen captures New York’s hidden gems
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"