Remember when Dan Wilton went on that raucous tour with naughty duo The Bots and made his photos into a really funny zine? Well, he’s only bloody gone and done it again, this time with wild music makers, T-E-E-D. What’s so nice about Dan using this style again is that we’re starting to notice a pattern emerging in his work whereby he always seems to capture people when they are wet, about to be wet, or in water. Here’s Dan to tell us a bit more about that. “I’d been thinking of doing another fan/tour zine for a while following on from STOB EHT. Orlando (TEED) loved STOB EHT and it just fit with him finishing his current tour – so I went along for the ride documenting his final few shows at in Croatia.”
“We were there for 8 days with him headlining a festival and playing a few boat parties in between. There were some massive storms throughout the week so the photos feature a lot of rain….a lot of water in general – pools, hot tubs, bath parties. Him and his dancers/crew have a ritual of always getting into the bath all together after each gig. Next up I’m off to the US in January to (hopefully) finish my long running project on the people of Green Bay with a book/exhibition in the summer. Plus another Bots collab in the works with Stevie Gee.”
Very exciting. Nice one Dan! Buy his new zine for your loved ones here.
- Photographer Peter Anderson on his experiments with a Widelux camera and their "wonderful distortions"
- "We are visual storytellers": studio Córdova Canillas talks us through the redesign of Fucking Young! magazine
- A sneak peak into Patrick Kyle’s new comic, Night Door
- Liam Cobb illustrates the collapse of the Heygate Estate in latest comic Conditioner
- “Imagination doesn’t compare to our real life design history”: Annie Atkins on the art of graphic design for film
- X-Rated Adult Movie Posters of the 60s and 70s celebrates gloriously crude B-movie artwork
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- “It needs to be normalised that women masturbate”: meet illustrator Jordyn McGeachin
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- Six months in the (enviable) life of photographer Ryan Lowry
- We get to know hilarious and thoughtful illustrator, Ruby Etc