Remember when Dan Wilton went on that raucous tour with naughty duo The Bots and made his photos into a really funny zine? Well, he’s only bloody gone and done it again, this time with wild music makers, T-E-E-D. What’s so nice about Dan using this style again is that we’re starting to notice a pattern emerging in his work whereby he always seems to capture people when they are wet, about to be wet, or in water. Here’s Dan to tell us a bit more about that. “I’d been thinking of doing another fan/tour zine for a while following on from STOB EHT. Orlando (TEED) loved STOB EHT and it just fit with him finishing his current tour – so I went along for the ride documenting his final few shows at in Croatia.”
“We were there for 8 days with him headlining a festival and playing a few boat parties in between. There were some massive storms throughout the week so the photos feature a lot of rain….a lot of water in general – pools, hot tubs, bath parties. Him and his dancers/crew have a ritual of always getting into the bath all together after each gig. Next up I’m off to the US in January to (hopefully) finish my long running project on the people of Green Bay with a book/exhibition in the summer. Plus another Bots collab in the works with Stevie Gee.”
Very exciting. Nice one Dan! Buy his new zine for your loved ones here.
- Photographer Damien Maloney on working intuitively and playing with reality
- “Prayer paintings, manga and motivational images”: Gitte Maria Moller's cryptic artworks
- Jad Hussein's tropical catalogue design for Paris exhibition Jamaica, Jamaica
- From Lemon Twigs to Laura Marling: Hollie Fernando’s painterly photography folio
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos