Calling all budding photographers! Or really, calling all budding people-with-brains-full-of-great-ideas. Samsung needs your contribution to their latest endeavour, a collaboration with movers and shakers such as Rankin Idris Elba, Paloma Faith and Gizzi Erskine to discover some of the youngest, most talented people in the country. “Gizzi, Idris, Paloma and Rankin will each choose one person to work with one-on-one, helping to bring their ideas to life and launch their project,” Samsung say. “This is your chance to show off your passion, your personality, and your project idea, to get the attention of our mentors.”
“I want to find someone that’s undiscovered. I’m looking for someone that’s got a vision, a creative eye who wants to make a career out of photography.” Says famed photographer, Rankin. "I want to know what they do that’s different, that’s interesting and for them to show me an idea that is unique and has an original view of the world.”
Does his description match your burgeoning talent? Send a two minute video to Samsung via their Facebook page. between now and Thursday 6th March 2014 to be in with a chance to be mentored by a true great.
- Cheeky, irreverent and vivid illustrations by Thomas Hedger
- Brilliant branding and a cracking It’s Nice That collaboration: introducing Unmade
- Director collective Canada creates raunchy, psychedelic video for Tame Impala (NSFW)
- Stylish designs that aim to make online gift-buying as fun as "walking around a concept store"
- Alex Sheridan’s hilarious shots of comedian David O’Doherty in sports memorabilia
- Cult magazine Nova and its nods to “eroticism and extortion” photographed in a suitably 70s setting
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Making branding with a purpose: what can we learn from the Bauhaus?