Calling all budding photographers! Or really, calling all budding people-with-brains-full-of-great-ideas. Samsung needs your contribution to their latest endeavour, a collaboration with movers and shakers such as Rankin Idris Elba, Paloma Faith and Gizzi Erskine to discover some of the youngest, most talented people in the country. “Gizzi, Idris, Paloma and Rankin will each choose one person to work with one-on-one, helping to bring their ideas to life and launch their project,” Samsung say. “This is your chance to show off your passion, your personality, and your project idea, to get the attention of our mentors.”
“I want to find someone that’s undiscovered. I’m looking for someone that’s got a vision, a creative eye who wants to make a career out of photography.” Says famed photographer, Rankin. "I want to know what they do that’s different, that’s interesting and for them to show me an idea that is unique and has an original view of the world.”
Does his description match your burgeoning talent? Send a two minute video to Samsung via their Facebook page. between now and Thursday 6th March 2014 to be in with a chance to be mentored by a true great.
- Scott Newett’s eerily quiet, ethereal portraits of Chinese utopia
- Jade Schulz’s atmospheric and imaginative editorial illustrations
- Emiliano Granado’s new zine puts a fresh spin on Tour de France fandom
- The big cover up: Mathieu Thibault's translations of graffiti
- Artist Howard Fonda captures the vibrancy of summer for Ace & Tate
- Robbie Simon, the jack of all trades and the master of them too
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale