Calling all budding photographers! Or really, calling all budding people-with-brains-full-of-great-ideas. Samsung needs your contribution to their latest endeavour, a collaboration with movers and shakers such as Rankin Idris Elba, Paloma Faith and Gizzi Erskine to discover some of the youngest, most talented people in the country. “Gizzi, Idris, Paloma and Rankin will each choose one person to work with one-on-one, helping to bring their ideas to life and launch their project,” Samsung say. “This is your chance to show off your passion, your personality, and your project idea, to get the attention of our mentors.”
“I want to find someone that’s undiscovered. I’m looking for someone that’s got a vision, a creative eye who wants to make a career out of photography.” Says famed photographer, Rankin. "I want to know what they do that’s different, that’s interesting and for them to show me an idea that is unique and has an original view of the world.”
Does his description match your burgeoning talent? Send a two minute video to Samsung via their Facebook page. between now and Thursday 6th March 2014 to be in with a chance to be mentored by a true great.
- Hold Me Closer Tiny Dancer: the Stein sisters’ heart-warming film on child ballroom stars
- Three female art directors on collaboration, competition and confidence
- Pooneh Ghana’s ambient crowd and artist portraits from Pitchfork Music Festival make you wish you were there
- Julian Glander explains what a blockchain system is for MIT Technology Review
- “It’s a process of baby-making”: designing the horrific and hilarious multiverse of Rick and Morty
- Pouya Ahmadi uses typography to “bridge the gap between poetry, performance and space"
- The Sky Sports rebrand features bespoke type and refined logos across nine channels
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Applicants to UK arts and design university courses declines by over 14,000 this year
- Michael Bierut designs new brand identity for the Poetry Foundation
- Design, Revolt, Rainbow: the pioneering work of graphic designer Willy Fleckhaus