Calling all budding photographers! Or really, calling all budding people-with-brains-full-of-great-ideas. Samsung needs your contribution to their latest endeavour, a collaboration with movers and shakers such as Rankin Idris Elba, Paloma Faith and Gizzi Erskine to discover some of the youngest, most talented people in the country. “Gizzi, Idris, Paloma and Rankin will each choose one person to work with one-on-one, helping to bring their ideas to life and launch their project,” Samsung say. “This is your chance to show off your passion, your personality, and your project idea, to get the attention of our mentors.”
“I want to find someone that’s undiscovered. I’m looking for someone that’s got a vision, a creative eye who wants to make a career out of photography.” Says famed photographer, Rankin. "I want to know what they do that’s different, that’s interesting and for them to show me an idea that is unique and has an original view of the world.”
Does his description match your burgeoning talent? Send a two minute video to Samsung via their Facebook page. between now and Thursday 6th March 2014 to be in with a chance to be mentored by a true great.
- 71-year-old, formerly homeless Romanian collage artist Ion Bârlādeanu opens first UK show
- Glossy nostalgia from fashion photographer Charlotte Wales
- Simon Eeles’ photographic series is “a tender and wry postcard” from Australia
- Andrea Ucini’s conceptual illustrations play with perspective
- “Sensitive, rigorous” graphic design from Parisian Jérémy Glâtre
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- Petition launched against winner of Foam Paul Huf photography award for “stereotyping and sexism”
- Exclusive: rediscover graphics from Fiorucci’s archival 1984 Panini collaboration
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Me & EU project will send creative postcards across Europe on trigger date of Article 50
- Phaidon book gathers together 500 of the most iconic graphic designs of all time
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know