HELLO! Welcome back listeners. This week’s pod is an absolute CRACKER because is it just me or are things starting to feel just…a little…bit…festive? Listen to this week’s rather funny (if we say so ourselves) podcast on the SoundCloud below or just subscribe via iTunes here. so you can listen to it on the bus home. Learning!
We kicked off this week chatting about Mould Map, which has smashed its Kickstarter this week and raised nearly £30,000! And you thought illustrators had no money. We then reminisced about the time Thibaud Herem came into the office this week and showed us his magnificent new book about the art deco buildings of London. GET ON MY CHRISTMAS LIST. We also had a gush about Pharrell and the interactive scroll-fest of an interview with him put together by Tim Saccenti and chatted about the truly game-changing designs for A&E by Pearson Lloyd.
Annnnnnddd rolling into section two, we got all arty and had a very intellectual discussion about this year’s Turner Prize winner, Laure Prouvost. In true It’s Nice That fashion we then turned our attention to the Turnip Prize which is held in Somerset each year to poke fun at the art world with puns. Why not, eh? We then go on to have a good old chinwag about the 60th anniversary of intelligent naughty magazine Playboy. Is Kate Moss a good choice for their 18-page pull out? Probably. See you next week!
- All of human life was there: welcome back to the Best of the Web
- Jody Barton's passionate and political work masters many disciplines
- A Hail Mary pass: how to win the ads at the Super Bowl
- February diary: Where to go and what to see
- Hey Studio’s athletic and geometric typeface for ESPN’s magazine
- Karl Hab’s hypnotic photographs taken out of a plane window
- The importance of creative education: why making is as important as maths, reading and science
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Pentagram’s dynamic and shifting identity for a Serbian digital arts festival
- PETA’s x-rated Super Bowl advert banned from TV (NSFW)
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language