HELLO! Welcome back listeners. This week’s pod is an absolute CRACKER because is it just me or are things starting to feel just…a little…bit…festive? Listen to this week’s rather funny (if we say so ourselves) podcast on the SoundCloud below or just subscribe via iTunes here. so you can listen to it on the bus home. Learning!
We kicked off this week chatting about Mould Map, which has smashed its Kickstarter this week and raised nearly £30,000! And you thought illustrators had no money. We then reminisced about the time Thibaud Herem came into the office this week and showed us his magnificent new book about the art deco buildings of London. GET ON MY CHRISTMAS LIST. We also had a gush about Pharrell and the interactive scroll-fest of an interview with him put together by Tim Saccenti and chatted about the truly game-changing designs for A&E by Pearson Lloyd.
Annnnnnddd rolling into section two, we got all arty and had a very intellectual discussion about this year’s Turner Prize winner, Laure Prouvost. In true It’s Nice That fashion we then turned our attention to the Turnip Prize which is held in Somerset each year to poke fun at the art world with puns. Why not, eh? We then go on to have a good old chinwag about the 60th anniversary of intelligent naughty magazine Playboy. Is Kate Moss a good choice for their 18-page pull out? Probably. See you next week!
- Best of the Web: the stuff we found online that we just can't wait to show you
- Cartoonist Nathan Cowdry introduces a strange and wonderful world in his comic, Western Voyeur
- Things: the August edition
- Andy Warhol: original FOMO artist, Polaroid photographer extraordinaire
- Bielke&Yang creates bright, playful Oslo Design Fair identity
- Bizarre film follows feline photographer Larry Johnson at New Jersey cat show
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games logo scrapped over plagiarism row, according to reports
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- Sarah Illenberger explores horticulture with her exotic new series Wonderplants
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang