Inspired by the goings-on down on the south coast of France as adland’s finest descended on Cannes for the Lions, we decided it was time for the It’s Nice That podcast to take a look at all things advertising.
We were delighted to be joined by Phil Clandillon, creative partner of Foam and Laura Jordan-Bambach creative director of Dare to discuss intersections between creativity, commercialism and technology. Enjoy!
Download the pod here
In the first section we remembered fondly how Phil’s Dry the River project was the biggest hit on the site last year but from then on it was all about the Cannes Lions (see our round-ups of the Grand Prix winners here, here and here).
Both my guests were pleased to see this Kenny Power video get some credit at the Lions, and its worth enjoying again in all its glory…
- Artist Henry Taylor takes over LA gallery Blum & Poe
- Accent magazine takes us behind the scenes of issue two
- Shannon Jager, a graphic designer combining the technical and the thoughtful
- The Gourmand visualises the intricate flavours of Glenmorangie whisky
- Victoria Vincent’s animation captures the tragic pitfalls of online dating
- Adam Birkan captures the diverse and juxtaposing landscape of Hanoi
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf