Inspired by the goings-on down on the south coast of France as adland’s finest descended on Cannes for the Lions, we decided it was time for the It’s Nice That podcast to take a look at all things advertising.
We were delighted to be joined by Phil Clandillon, creative partner of Foam and Laura Jordan-Bambach creative director of Dare to discuss intersections between creativity, commercialism and technology. Enjoy!
Download the pod here
In the first section we remembered fondly how Phil’s Dry the River project was the biggest hit on the site last year but from then on it was all about the Cannes Lions (see our round-ups of the Grand Prix winners here, here and here).
Both my guests were pleased to see this Kenny Power video get some credit at the Lions, and its worth enjoying again in all its glory…
- Sean and Seng travelled to Mongolia to shoot for Arena Homme+
- Joshua T Gibbons provides an insight into the relaxed bachelor lifestyle of Cockney Stan
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Latvian illustrator Zane Zlemeša's delicately painted drawings
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Linda Brownlee’s beautiful photography book captures family life in a Sicilian village
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich