Sorry for the slight delay on bringing you this week’s podcast but we would modestly suggest it’s worth the wait. Here’s your Studio Audience bingo card for this episode: 1. Use of the word “lampoon.” 2. A strangely Blairite description of David Shrigley. 3. The second use of the word “lampoon.” 4. An allusion to an infamous bottle-based Bog Brother incident. 5. A bizarre drug-art metaphor. Enjoy!
You can subscribe via iTunes here or listen via the SoundCloud link above.
First up this week we hailed Amy West’s great Grafik BS project, a hoax looking at style over substance in the design world and we analysed Instagram’s plans to introduce adverts. We also welcomed the news that Greenpeace are walking a massive polar bear puppet through the streets of London this weekend and looked forward to a documentary focussing on two unlikely contemporary art world heroes, Herb and Dorothy Vogel.
Section Two kicked off with the week-long-awaited look at the shortlist for the Trafalgar Square Fourth Plinth commission and in particular the inclusion of David Shrigley (hot on the heels of his Turner Prize recognition).
Then we appraised plans by the National Trust to open up the Big Brother house to the public as part of a campaign to engage new visitors in a tongue-in-cheek way.
- The creative process explained via egg metaphors, thanks to artist Honza Zamojski
- Vincent Girardot’s photo diary documents an alpine tour of fish, factories and firs
- Brian Griffin's haunting new photography book documents paths that led to the Holocaust
- Japanese designer Tadashi Ueda is back with some ambiguously playful posters
- Great design redressing scuzzy skate aesthetics for new totally rad boardsports mag
- Eric Shaw's abstract looped paintings start as digital sketches
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)