Two, four, six, eight who or what do we appreciate? Studio Audience! Three, five, seven, nine, the podcast’s yours it isn’t mine so let’s go, with the flow, hands high and booties low! Give me an S! Give me a T! Give me a U! Oh you get the idea. You can listen to the new episode using the Sound Cloud link below or you can subscribe visa iTunes here.
First up this week we talked about Spencer Murphy’s victory in the Taylor Wessing portrait photography prize, the new look i-D website and what new owners Vice had to say about it. We also paid tribute to Deborah Sussman’s 1984 LA Olympics design and celebrated Hull, the UK city’s of culture for 2017.
We started Section Two by reflecting on the rise and rise of the selfie, named this week as the word of 2013 following a 17,000% increase in usage.
- Hello and welcome to the new look It’s Nice That
- Sweet, surreal still lifes by Paris-based Clotilde Viannay
- We ask some established creatives what they wish they'd learned at art school
- Embracing the uncanny with photographer Nadia Lee Cohen (NSFW)
- Music's slick, dark designs for British Fashion Council annual review
- Wonder Room shows how to adapt posters designed for print for online
- Yolanda Dominguez asks kids to describe what they see in fashion campaigns
- Street photography shot on an iPhone during fake phonecalls by Jay Giampietro
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic logos unveiled
- Should creatives ever accept unpaid work? We ask some seasoned experts
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- We get a sneak peek of TASCHEN's new book documenting 50 years of Pirelli