Two, four, six, eight who or what do we appreciate? Studio Audience! Three, five, seven, nine, the podcast’s yours it isn’t mine so let’s go, with the flow, hands high and booties low! Give me an S! Give me a T! Give me a U! Oh you get the idea. You can listen to the new episode using the Sound Cloud link below or you can subscribe visa iTunes here.
First up this week we talked about Spencer Murphy’s victory in the Taylor Wessing portrait photography prize, the new look i-D website and what new owners Vice had to say about it. We also paid tribute to Deborah Sussman’s 1984 LA Olympics design and celebrated Hull, the UK city’s of culture for 2017.
We started Section Two by reflecting on the rise and rise of the selfie, named this week as the word of 2013 following a 17,000% increase in usage.
- Artist Henry Taylor takes over LA gallery Blum & Poe
- Accent magazine takes us behind the scenes of issue two
- Shannon Jager, a graphic designer combining the technical and the thoughtful
- The Gourmand visualises the intricate flavours of Glenmorangie whisky
- Victoria Vincent’s animation captures the tragic pitfalls of online dating
- Adam Birkan captures the diverse and juxtaposing landscape of Hanoi
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf