Now we know – we know – that the appearance of Christmas goodies in the shops at the start of October is like a red rag to a bull for an awful lot of people. So what we are about to tell you is not an effort to wish the year away, we just thought you should know that the It’s Nice That Annual 2013 is available to pre-order now! Huzzah!
Many of you will remember last year’s inaugural Annual, a beautiful hardback book celebrating the most exciting and engaging projects we posted on the site. Well guess what, as night follows day and 2013 follows 2012, it’s back ready to revel in another 12 months of creative excellence.
With more than 130 projects plus a look at our Graduates class of 2013, the Annual is a wonderful way to own a year of our creative curation on your bookshelf. And this year we welcomed David McFarline and Christopher Moorby’s new studio Commission on board as the designers, turning their considerable talents to making sure that it looks and feels just as good as the work it showcases.
It goes to print in next week and so we are offering a couple of incentives for those of you who pre-order now. For a start we’ll waive the posting and packaging fee for all UK orders (saving you about £6) and we’ll also include your name in the book as a thank-you for your support if you order before midnight on Monday October 14. Sounds good yeah?
The It’s Nice That Annual 2013 costs £35 and you can pre-order through our Company of Parrots shop right here.
- Graphic designer Cecilia Serafini uses typography with vibrant panache
- London-based Osheyi Adebayo references his childhood in his retro graphic design
- Tristan Pigott paints “real contemporaries” in upcoming solo exhibition, Juicy Bits
- “The great thing about this book is you don’t have to read it”: sculptor Wilfrid Wood on his favourite books
- The return of the hovering art director: Nejc Prah visualises a day in the life of four art directors
- Hippolyte Cupillard’s film follows the dreamlike ascent of a mountain climber
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero depicts the female body as a canvas for Apartamento (NSFW)
- After Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, Miranda Tacchia’s characters found life on Instagram
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris