The wonderful variety of our post bag has never been better exemplified then by this week’s selections. We have Forming by Jesse Moyniham, China Granite Project by Max Lamb, a charming package from Mexican collective Ediciones Hungría, a lookbook from talented Chelsea graduate Scarlet Shillingford-Blay, and the great-looking new copy of Bare Bones.
Blindingly good writing in this copy of Bare Bones with highlights including a poem about the freaks, hustlers and drop-outs rising up to re-take Soho and a wonderful cross-cultural collision in the back of a taxi.
Ediciones Hungría Ediciones Hungría
Editions Hungary – a multidisciplinary study based in Mexico – sent over a charming package, including some curious little books containing whimsical notes and funny cartoons. One that we particularly liked is based upon the things you imagine before you go to sleep, compared to the things that you see when you drift off.
Rokit Autumn/Winter 2011 Look Book Scarlet Shillingford-Blay
This look book – with art direction by Chelsea graduate Scarlet Shillingford-Blay – displays Rokit’s recycled vintage clothes and the inspiration behind them, from English heritage to metallics and embellishments. There’s a lovely choice of models and a confident eye for styling.
Forming vol.I Jesse Moyniham. Published by NoBrow Press
Outrageously GOOD in every sense of the word. Jesse Moyniham has nonchalantly illustrated the creation of worlds, beings and communities in hilarious comic strips now compiled into volume I of III.
China Granite Project Max Lamb. Published by Everyday Life Books
I doubt that in the entire history of geographical studies has a book about granite been crafted this beautifully. From the delicate serif foil-block on the harsh card cover, to the red glow emitted from the exposed spine – this really is a work of art. The content contains a detailed look into the granite industry of China, and the art of turning the raw stone into furniture.
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- British Values: a new zine celebrating stories from immigrant communities in the UK
- A well-crafted, shapeshifting print project celebrating 100 years of design manifestos
- Movers and image-makers: a masterclass in fashion photography from Nick Knight
- Bright, beautiful and of-the-moment portraits shot in Tijuana by Jake Michaels
- Cool, contemporary identity for Crown hat-makers by Studio Moross
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)