Spanish DJ duo The Zombie Kids are bringing some colour and mischief to the world with their track BOOM ft. Snoop Dogg, by enlisting the creative talents of Sawe under the direction of Tomás Peña to create a genius animated video. With hip beats and Snoop Dogg’s badass tones, the narrative sees a cheeky hoodlum, an old floppily-jowled man and a rotund police officer battling against each other, driven by their desire to be graffiti artists.
The style is reminiscent of the big names of bright and beautiful illustration like Kyle Platts, Jack Cunningham and the Layzell Bros, but this colourful escapade is marvellously done. One of the best (and most surreal) bits comes at the end where a life-sized piece of lady pizza shakes her doughy buttocks and pepperoni boobs, so if you’re mildly offended by yeasted products gyrating, look away now.
- Chaz Bundick talks us through the new digitally personable Company website
- Animator Frances Haszard’s gender neutral breakup story
- Photographer Norman Behrendt depicts Turkey’s majestic mosques
- Explore North Korean graphic ephemera in Phaidon’s new book
- “Have a process you can apply to any situation, space or time”: what we learned from Converse’s Lovejoy Art Benefit
- Standards Manual return with catalogue of 400 objects relating to New York City Transit
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books