Yesterday (25 February) a 16-episode visual interpretation of David Bowie’s ★ (pronounced Blackstar) debuted exclusively on Instagram. Before his death on 10 January 2016, Bowie provided music and images from his last album to InstaMiniSeries, a startup that creates programming for Instagram.
The series called Unbound: A ★ InstaMiniSeries was completed in December last year and will take the audience on a “journey of evocative images inspired by the moods suggested in the album’s music, lyrics and artwork.”
Each episode is only 15 seconds long, meaning the entire project will have a total running time of around four minutes. Nikki Borges, InstaMiniSeries founder and executive producer said: “Bowie has always been about reinvention over repetition. Remarkably honest and passionate in his work, his innovations have influenced our own work as we transform a social media platform into a creative outlet. We are grateful to hav ethe opportunity to participate with the chameleonic rock icon and honoured to be entrusted with interpreting his art.
New episodes will air on the InstaMiniSeries channel every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
"UNBOUND” Episode One Executive Producer:
InstaMiniSeries Director: @nikkiborges Music: @davidbowie Writer: @carolynncecilia Co-Producer: @lawrenceperyer Director of Photography: @joshuasterlingbragg Line Producer: @delaVega Associate Producer: @amandadelanuez, @itscecifernandez Production Designer: @LezGolden Costume Designer: @Bodilicious Hair / Make Up Artist: @missy_mua Miss Clarkson’s MakeUp Artist: @angdidmyhair VFX Production House: @heym1ster Dance Choreographer: @ofbonesdance, @hollyebynum Stunt Coordinator: @stuntmanpete Wire Rigger: @stuntworks Stunt Woman: @hellskitten29 Behind The Scenes: @a_madd Production Assistant: @clemencyforclem Special Thanks: @instalucas Final Cut: #dechesermedia Editor: Mike Ragone Creative Consultant: Michael Decheser Starring: @tavitulle, @rysak, @nikkiborges, Ching Valdes Anan, @amandadelanuez, @Jayknowlest, Jonah Herman</a></p> <p style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">A video posted by InstaMiniSeries (instaminiseries) on
- Look up and embrace the chaos: what we learned from Nicer Tuesdays July
- Scarlett O’Flaherty’s photographs focus on social documentary and slow-journalism
- Fatima Al Qadiri is mono.kultur magazine’s latest muse
- Michael DeForge’s mysterious, ominous illustrations
- Jesús Sotés folkish work draws darker themes into his commercial illustration
- Alex Blouin shoots petrolheads at Canada’s biggest car show
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Amsterdam-based photographer Lois Cohen’s "absurd" portraits
- Applicants to UK arts and design university courses declines by over 14,000 this year
- Michael Bierut designs new brand identity for the Poetry Foundation
- Colette, the trailblazer: creatives pay tribute to the iconic Parisian store and its legacy
- The Sky Sports rebrand features bespoke type and refined logos across nine channels