In case Fridays just weren’t exciting enough, the It’s Nice That podcast comes along all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed to add an aural dimension to the end-of-the-week jubilation. So if you’re off out to a discotheque or planning a bracing walk with a dog or significant other then get this on your portable music device and enjoy some top-notch (ahem) art and design chat. Look out for Liv Siddal’s similes going to a whole new level and me asking the longest question IN THE WORLD with more clauses than a Santa flashmob. Enjoy!
Here’s the links you might need:
In our look at some of the stand-out things from the site we discussed this stunning Nous Vous and Studio Weave collaboration in Central Park (Kent not NYC), we looked at Jennie Ottinger’s marvellously grotesque take on the world of tennis and we looked at the difficulties in covering a hard-hitting series like David Chancellor’s breathtaking Hunters.
We kicked off the second section talking all things tablets with Google’s Nexus 10 hailed as the challenger to the iPad. In light of the new apps from Fantastic Man and The Paris Review we looked at how content might changed and what we believe app design could and should do (with reference to the new Rice Gallery app). Then we moved onto to talk about our newest print project The Annual and why we felt the time was ripe for a new publication.
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s