In case Fridays just weren’t exciting enough, the It’s Nice That podcast comes along all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed to add an aural dimension to the end-of-the-week jubilation. So if you’re off out to a discotheque or planning a bracing walk with a dog or significant other then get this on your portable music device and enjoy some top-notch (ahem) art and design chat. Look out for Liv Siddal’s similes going to a whole new level and me asking the longest question IN THE WORLD with more clauses than a Santa flashmob. Enjoy!
Here’s the links you might need:
In our look at some of the stand-out things from the site we discussed this stunning Nous Vous and Studio Weave collaboration in Central Park (Kent not NYC), we looked at Jennie Ottinger’s marvellously grotesque take on the world of tennis and we looked at the difficulties in covering a hard-hitting series like David Chancellor’s breathtaking Hunters.
We kicked off the second section talking all things tablets with Google’s Nexus 10 hailed as the challenger to the iPad. In light of the new apps from Fantastic Man and The Paris Review we looked at how content might changed and what we believe app design could and should do (with reference to the new Rice Gallery app). Then we moved onto to talk about our newest print project The Annual and why we felt the time was ripe for a new publication.
- Nine vital nuggets about the hows and whys of being a project manager or producer – and why all the hard work is worth it
- Stars, drag queens, and the literati: Avedon and Warhol’s heroes and antiheroes
- Designer Morag Myerscough gives us a peek at her bookshelf
- Photographer Matthew Brown explores the forgotten details in a university campus
- First Dates for those who create: Studio Swine tells us about their working relationship
- Experimental Jetset, Build and others' war posters curated by Pentagram's Alex Brown
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?