In case Fridays just weren’t exciting enough, the It’s Nice That podcast comes along all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed to add an aural dimension to the end-of-the-week jubilation. So if you’re off out to a discotheque or planning a bracing walk with a dog or significant other then get this on your portable music device and enjoy some top-notch (ahem) art and design chat. Look out for Liv Siddal’s similes going to a whole new level and me asking the longest question IN THE WORLD with more clauses than a Santa flashmob. Enjoy!
Here’s the links you might need:
In our look at some of the stand-out things from the site we discussed this stunning Nous Vous and Studio Weave collaboration in Central Park (Kent not NYC), we looked at Jennie Ottinger’s marvellously grotesque take on the world of tennis and we looked at the difficulties in covering a hard-hitting series like David Chancellor’s breathtaking Hunters.
We kicked off the second section talking all things tablets with Google’s Nexus 10 hailed as the challenger to the iPad. In light of the new apps from Fantastic Man and The Paris Review we looked at how content might changed and what we believe app design could and should do (with reference to the new Rice Gallery app). Then we moved onto to talk about our newest print project The Annual and why we felt the time was ripe for a new publication.
- Art mag Kaleidoscope unveils Mirko Borsche-designed winter issue
- Behind the scenes of the lady who shoots chihuahuas in party hats, yoyoists and strippers
- Great poster designs for Adana Nights series by Vienna-based Lukas Haider
- Illustrator Jim Stoten works his magic for Marmite in a fun new ad campaign
- Design studio Praline reflects on a five year relationship with Peckham Platform
- Obscure and minimal fashion photography from New York-based Paul Jung
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic logos unveiled
- Embracing the uncanny with photographer Nadia Lee Cohen (NSFW)
- Hello and welcome to the new look It’s Nice That
- Street photographer Vincent Chapters captures London’s spirit
- Yolanda Dominguez asks kids to describe what they see in fashion campaigns