In case Fridays just weren’t exciting enough, the It’s Nice That podcast comes along all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed to add an aural dimension to the end-of-the-week jubilation. So if you’re off out to a discotheque or planning a bracing walk with a dog or significant other then get this on your portable music device and enjoy some top-notch (ahem) art and design chat. Look out for Liv Siddal’s similes going to a whole new level and me asking the longest question IN THE WORLD with more clauses than a Santa flashmob. Enjoy!
Here’s the links you might need:
In our look at some of the stand-out things from the site we discussed this stunning Nous Vous and Studio Weave collaboration in Central Park (Kent not NYC), we looked at Jennie Ottinger’s marvellously grotesque take on the world of tennis and we looked at the difficulties in covering a hard-hitting series like David Chancellor’s breathtaking Hunters.
We kicked off the second section talking all things tablets with Google’s Nexus 10 hailed as the challenger to the iPad. In light of the new apps from Fantastic Man and The Paris Review we looked at how content might changed and what we believe app design could and should do (with reference to the new Rice Gallery app). Then we moved onto to talk about our newest print project The Annual and why we felt the time was ripe for a new publication.
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission, Kick over the statues
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations