We are truly honoured to have been nominated for this year’s prestigious Designs of the Year award at the Design Museum for It’s Nice That Issue #2. To be named alongside such distinguished talents is incredibly flattering and a huge thanks must go out to all of you, our readers who make it all possible.
The exhibition of all the nominations across the seven categories opens on 17 February and promises to be a special one. We’ll keep you posted on any further news but for now all information can be found on their site.
- Ed Carvalho-Monaghan’s line work is translated into knitwear for It’s Nice That’s Unmade collection
- A fierce portrait of the battles, snaps and outrageous outfits of voguing culture from Ewen Spencer
- Artist Andrey Remnev’s hypnotic Russian Medieval-style paintings
- Illustrator Lili des Bellons' chipper images are full of geometric whimsy
- Matt and Dan’s stark graphic posters for Daniel Avery’s Divided Love
- A hotel’s Wes Anderson-esque dated decor and plant life photographed by Ina Niehoff
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Back to basics with Davide Di Gennaro’s symbol-heavy design workshop identity
- New Adult Swim project from the bonkers people behind some sexy Craigslist animations