onedotzero recently launched this year’s festival identity (designed by Logan) as well as their programme of events. Amongst everything going on is an evening we’re hosting at the impressive BFI on London’s Southbank on Thursday 11 November. The event will take the format of a physical magazine, which is something we’ve been talking about doing for a long time. The idea is simple: the night will be similar to a magazine in that there’ll be different ‘sections’ that celebrate, for the first time, all four issues of our publication.
Rob Mathews, Maisie Broadhead, Louise Naugnton Morgan, Thomas Thwaites and Roel Wouters will all present individual projects or ideas. We have a live interview with Johnny Kelly, and Michael Crowe and Riitta Ikonen will present a feature on something other than their own work. All of this will be interlaced with short films and brief snippets from ourselves.
It should be an exciting evening filled with a massive about of creative talent. The event takes place on Thursday 11 November at 6.10pm at BFI Southbank. Tickets are priced at £9, or £6.65 for students. For more information, check out the link below.
- Design's many, many layers, and the power of music, at Nicer Tuesdays July
- It’s just life: The democratic eye of William Eggleston
- Tim Lahan is the new Mystic Meg with horoscope illustrations for Elle Magazine
- Musical instruments with a modernist aesthetic by Hundo
- Former Buzzcocks drummer John Maher exhibits his photography work in Nobody's Home
- Monument Valley creator ustwo gives us a peek at its bookshelf
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale