onedotzero recently launched this year’s festival identity (designed by Logan) as well as their programme of events. Amongst everything going on is an evening we’re hosting at the impressive BFI on London’s Southbank on Thursday 11 November. The event will take the format of a physical magazine, which is something we’ve been talking about doing for a long time. The idea is simple: the night will be similar to a magazine in that there’ll be different ‘sections’ that celebrate, for the first time, all four issues of our publication.
Rob Mathews, Maisie Broadhead, Louise Naugnton Morgan, Thomas Thwaites and Roel Wouters will all present individual projects or ideas. We have a live interview with Johnny Kelly, and Michael Crowe and Riitta Ikonen will present a feature on something other than their own work. All of this will be interlaced with short films and brief snippets from ourselves.
It should be an exciting evening filled with a massive about of creative talent. The event takes place on Thursday 11 November at 6.10pm at BFI Southbank. Tickets are priced at £9, or £6.65 for students. For more information, check out the link below.
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages