We were calling out to London-based creatives last week about the Cutty Cargo Showcase, an utterly unique evening of multi-disciplinary creative treats, from music, theatre and light installations to food, art and design. So now that the event has been and gone leaving an enormous crate-shaped absence in east London where the revelry took place, we thought it was only fair to show you exactly what went on.
Representing the best in upcoming art and design talent, three of our Graduates 2013, namely Charlie Patterson, Juliana Futter and Matthew Hill, customised a selection of whisky crates which then adorned the walls of the venue, reflecting light, glowing orange and generally looking very snazzy.
The evening also saw a fantastic performance by the inimitable Jessie Ware, DJ Duke Dumont on the decks and live immersive experiences from Shanty Theatre Company and Miss Polly Rae, in an amalgamation of a hugely diverse range of creative disciplines to demonstrate the very best of the British capital in one giant, wooden crate. The party signalled the beginning of many more Cutty Sark whisky-fuelled nights to be had, as their global campaign progresses to venues in New York, Barcelona and Tokyo. A jolly good time all round!
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant