We were calling out to London-based creatives last week about the Cutty Cargo Showcase, an utterly unique evening of multi-disciplinary creative treats, from music, theatre and light installations to food, art and design. So now that the event has been and gone leaving an enormous crate-shaped absence in east London where the revelry took place, we thought it was only fair to show you exactly what went on.
Representing the best in upcoming art and design talent, three of our Graduates 2013, namely Charlie Patterson, Juliana Futter and Matthew Hill, customised a selection of whisky crates which then adorned the walls of the venue, reflecting light, glowing orange and generally looking very snazzy.
The evening also saw a fantastic performance by the inimitable Jessie Ware, DJ Duke Dumont on the decks and live immersive experiences from Shanty Theatre Company and Miss Polly Rae, in an amalgamation of a hugely diverse range of creative disciplines to demonstrate the very best of the British capital in one giant, wooden crate. The party signalled the beginning of many more Cutty Sark whisky-fuelled nights to be had, as their global campaign progresses to venues in New York, Barcelona and Tokyo. A jolly good time all round!
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- British Values: a new zine celebrating stories from immigrant communities in the UK
- A well-crafted, shapeshifting print project celebrating 100 years of design manifestos
- Movers and image-makers: a masterclass in fashion photography from Nick Knight
- Bright, beautiful and of-the-moment portraits shot in Tijuana by Jake Michaels
- Cool, contemporary identity for Crown hat-makers by Studio Moross
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)