We were calling out to London-based creatives last week about the Cutty Cargo Showcase, an utterly unique evening of multi-disciplinary creative treats, from music, theatre and light installations to food, art and design. So now that the event has been and gone leaving an enormous crate-shaped absence in east London where the revelry took place, we thought it was only fair to show you exactly what went on.
Representing the best in upcoming art and design talent, three of our Graduates 2013, namely Charlie Patterson, Juliana Futter and Matthew Hill, customised a selection of whisky crates which then adorned the walls of the venue, reflecting light, glowing orange and generally looking very snazzy.
The evening also saw a fantastic performance by the inimitable Jessie Ware, DJ Duke Dumont on the decks and live immersive experiences from Shanty Theatre Company and Miss Polly Rae, in an amalgamation of a hugely diverse range of creative disciplines to demonstrate the very best of the British capital in one giant, wooden crate. The party signalled the beginning of many more Cutty Sark whisky-fuelled nights to be had, as their global campaign progresses to venues in New York, Barcelona and Tokyo. A jolly good time all round!
- Envisions collective, breaking down the boundaries of design
- Zsofia Schweger’s paintings depict her Hungarian home frozen in time
- Illustrator Nuno Maria’s fresh aesthetic and smooth shapes rework ordinary objects
- A cookbook inspired by Brad Pitt's on-screen eating habits
- Uganda’s boisterous nightlife as captured by photographer Michele Sibiloni
- Vanguards magazine explores Scotland's undiscovered creative treasure
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August