There’s only so many places that can get away with creating a cat calendar and make it better than the ones you see shimmying into your eyeline when panic buying for Christmas and that place is Studio Lin (studio of Alex Lin). Featured way back in 2009, they’ve not only designed the best feline calendar I’ve come across but also their much enlarged portfolio showcases a wealth of clean, typographical-based design that oozes style, clarity and care for the people they do work for.
With an impressive list of clients, posters, calendars, invites, stationery seem to be their thing and you can see why. One of my favourites is the 2012 Calendar where they teamed up with a newspaper printers to produce 12 poster sized months each in a different colour and paper. The composition is so wonderful, the fact that it’s a calendar is simply a bonus on top of all this good design.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”