There’s only so many places that can get away with creating a cat calendar and make it better than the ones you see shimmying into your eyeline when panic buying for Christmas and that place is Studio Lin (studio of Alex Lin). Featured way back in 2009, they’ve not only designed the best feline calendar I’ve come across but also their much enlarged portfolio showcases a wealth of clean, typographical-based design that oozes style, clarity and care for the people they do work for.
With an impressive list of clients, posters, calendars, invites, stationery seem to be their thing and you can see why. One of my favourites is the 2012 Calendar where they teamed up with a newspaper printers to produce 12 poster sized months each in a different colour and paper. The composition is so wonderful, the fact that it’s a calendar is simply a bonus on top of all this good design.
- Berlin-based Cristóbal Schmal’s naive illustrations are an intriguing mix
- Here we go again, it's the Best of the Web! And the finest people to follow on social
- Odd character designs and snogging: we’re still digging the work of Dale Crosby-Close
- Tom Johnson's stunning new shoot of 12-year-old kickboxing champ “Tigger”
- Dark Igloo's deliciously digital branding for Giphy will “melt your face”
- July Diary: Where to go and what to see
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Oliver Curtis photographs the world’s most famous monuments, the wrong way round
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Pop, subcultures and the future of graphic design: an interview with Experimental Jetset
- June Korea’s photographic fantasy: one man’s relationship with his sex doll
- Laurina Paperina's dark, weird but charming work