There’s only so many places that can get away with creating a cat calendar and make it better than the ones you see shimmying into your eyeline when panic buying for Christmas and that place is Studio Lin (studio of Alex Lin). Featured way back in 2009, they’ve not only designed the best feline calendar I’ve come across but also their much enlarged portfolio showcases a wealth of clean, typographical-based design that oozes style, clarity and care for the people they do work for.
With an impressive list of clients, posters, calendars, invites, stationery seem to be their thing and you can see why. One of my favourites is the 2012 Calendar where they teamed up with a newspaper printers to produce 12 poster sized months each in a different colour and paper. The composition is so wonderful, the fact that it’s a calendar is simply a bonus on top of all this good design.
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission, Kick over the statues
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations