There’s only so many places that can get away with creating a cat calendar and make it better than the ones you see shimmying into your eyeline when panic buying for Christmas and that place is Studio Lin (studio of Alex Lin). Featured way back in 2009, they’ve not only designed the best feline calendar I’ve come across but also their much enlarged portfolio showcases a wealth of clean, typographical-based design that oozes style, clarity and care for the people they do work for.
With an impressive list of clients, posters, calendars, invites, stationery seem to be their thing and you can see why. One of my favourites is the 2012 Calendar where they teamed up with a newspaper printers to produce 12 poster sized months each in a different colour and paper. The composition is so wonderful, the fact that it’s a calendar is simply a bonus on top of all this good design.
- The creative team behind John Grant’s post-apocalyptic world
- They have beauty, they have grace, they are Jack Mears’ ceramic dogs
- Caroline Tompkins deftly captures goggle marks, swim caps and foam floats
- Illustrator Jan Robert Duennweller's erratic style creates "visual headlines"
- Réka Neszmélyi's boundary breaking identity for Hungarian Bánkitó Cultural & Music Festival 2016
- Five things to remember as a young creative
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale