Art and science magazine Plasma launches its fourth issue this month. The magazine, which focuses primarily on space exploration and its impact on the art world has gained critical acclaim thanks to its aesthetic takes on AI, bionics and technology in art.
Issue four explores the latest news from NASA, SpaceX and CalTech and the most exciting projects from renowned art and science institutions including MONA, Museum of Jurassic Technology and the Garage museum. Creative director Diana Wehmeier says that they aim to create “inspiration and information of future generations through art and science” through Plasma.
Speaking to It’s Nice That, Wehmeier says: “The designers are inspired by the content of science. It’s a fresh approach for the people creating Plasma and we received the same response from the audience. Science becomes cool and sexy, but stays lovely and nerdy at the same time.”
The creative team is based across Berlin, London and Los Angeles and includes David Benski, fresh from creative studio Bureau Mirko Borsche, and is edited by Judit Agui.
The new issue of Plasma is out now.
- Meji Alabi on discovering his roots through film and music
- Stoic black cats and burning worlds: Quentin Dufour on his chaotic illustrations
- Jiří Makovec’s photographs meander between the personal and the universal
- In photographing the American west, Andong Zheng uncovers hidden traces of Chinese history
- Meet Universal Thirst, the Bangalore and Reykjavik-based foundry offering a dual perspective on type
- Manchester Girls, the new series from Dean Davies, is a visual homage to the women of the north
- Facebook rebrands to distinguish the company from the app
- Jack Kenyon photographs the wondrous spectacle of the Supreme Cat Show
- &Walsh designs Zooba's identity inspired by the busy streets of Cairo
- A book chronicling tiny, bizarre treasures curated by Wes Anderson and Juman Malouf
- Find hidden squares and experimental inktraps in Fatih Hardal's FH Giselle
- Pentagram’s Giorgia Lupi on her data-driven designs for & Other Stories