Artist and illustrator Steven Wilson has collaborated with Karl Lagerfeld on a new capsule collection that launches this week. The new line comprises of an embroidered satin bomber jacket, dresses, t-shirts, sweatshirts, jeans and culottes.
Steven is know for his colour-saturated work and brings his expertise and unmistakable style to the collaboration in a range of bold graphics. The artist chose to develop motifs associated with the brand including Karl himself, his cat Choupette, the brand’s logo, a camera and a pair of sunglasses. Steven’s work provides a shot of colour to the designer’s traditional monochrome aesthetic. Alongside the clothing, the collection launches with an animation that brings the work to life in gloopy, waving renders.
Brighton-based Steven has worked with clients including Converse, Nike, Adidas and Stussy in the fashion world, and says that his work lies “somewhere between pop and psychedelia.”
- Illustrator Ben Kopp’s nostalgia-drenched personal work
- Iggy Ldn's poignant new film Silk reclaims the essence of the jazz era in the 21st century
- Ways of Seeing: Laurie Rowan fills FACT's architectural space with a troop of exploring characters
- Brian Blomerth illustrates a journey to "surf discovery" even though he's terrible at surfing
- Photographer Sam Gregg shoots the true face of Naples
- Prolific artist Miroco Machiko’s animal menagerie
- Netflix unveils Netflix Sans, a new custom typeface developed with Dalton Maag
- Lacoste swaps famous crocodile logo for ten endangered species
- A chat with the Orwellian mastermind in charge of the UK town known as Scarfolk
- Director of Taylor Swift's Delicate video accused of copying Spike Jonze’s Kenzo advert
- Dive into Mikey Joyce's portfolio with its “healthy balance of calculated and convoluted silliness"
- Original sets and puppets from Wes Anderson’s Isle of Dogs to be exhibited in London