Artist and illustrator Steven Wilson has collaborated with Karl Lagerfeld on a new capsule collection that launches this week. The new line comprises of an embroidered satin bomber jacket, dresses, t-shirts, sweatshirts, jeans and culottes.
Steven is know for his colour-saturated work and brings his expertise and unmistakable style to the collaboration in a range of bold graphics. The artist chose to develop motifs associated with the brand including Karl himself, his cat Choupette, the brand’s logo, a camera and a pair of sunglasses. Steven’s work provides a shot of colour to the designer’s traditional monochrome aesthetic. Alongside the clothing, the collection launches with an animation that brings the work to life in gloopy, waving renders.
Brighton-based Steven has worked with clients including Converse, Nike, Adidas and Stussy in the fashion world, and says that his work lies “somewhere between pop and psychedelia.”
- Mikey Please takes us behind the scenes, and the backlash, of the Bake Off trailer
- From New York to Springfield, it's Best of the Web
- Taschen releases two volumes of National Geographic’s best photographs from the past 125 years
- Simon Landrein takes Dan Croll down the rabbit hole in his animated video for Tokyo
- Thomas Duffield on photographing his dad’s hidden heroin addiction
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled