System magazine’s eighth issue is dedicated to Miuccia Prada, with an extensive photoshoot by Juergen Teller capturing the fashion designer in her work place. Surprisingly unglamorous and industrial, the interior is photographed by Juergen in a raw and revealing style, paying special attention to Miuccia’s office slide, which begins next to her desk and ends in an outdoor courtyard.
The issue publishes a candid conversation between Miuccia and Raf Simons, in which they discuss self-censorship and running their own companies. She is also interviewed by stylist Katie Grand, writer and actress Tavi Gevinson and photographer Norbert Schoerner, as well as Juergen himself.
System issue eight is out today, accompanied by a newly launched website.
- Material is the magazine committed to female-identifying individuals
- From sensuous fruit to mythical quests, Jacques Brun’s photographs are a masterclass in lighting
- Klas Ernflo’s illustrations for the Moderna Museet restaurant are a treasure hunt around the gallery’s collection
- In Search of Frankenstein by Chloe Dewe Mathews embodies Mary Shelley's "nightmarish vision" 200 years on
- "Excitement, change and hope": a poster workshop in a Camden basement from 1968 to 1971
- Designer Marc Armand on reimagining the French football team’s jerseys ahead of the World Cup
- The Scouts rebrand aims to reflect a “more relevant image of Scouting”
- Benedikt Luft's identity for Lazy represents the joyful nature of a drunken outdoor party
- Bonjour Garçon combines photography and graphic design to make "strong and delicate" work
- Custom Typefaces: are they worth the hype?
- From being bad to burping glitter: things we learned at The Adobe 99U Conference
- Airbnb launches new bespoke font Cereal, designed with Dalton Maag for online and offline fluidity