Wieden and Kennedy Portland have created a new advert for Coca-Cola titled Mural.
The minute-long spot features three animated graffiti characters stealthily shifting off a wall and, unseen by passersby distracted by drinking Coca-Cola, climb their way up skyscrapers towards their destination: a print ad of three bottles of Coca-Cola. The trio then enjoy the drinks together on the side of a water tower.
The characters are named Shawn, Jessica and Desmond, and each displays its own charming personality traits. Shawn is a “street-savvy” Octopus, Jessica is a sometimes temperamental cloud and Desmond is a trendily-dressed robot.
Mural has been crafted to raise awareness for Coca-Cola’s newly launched communications platform A Coke For Everyone, which further knits together the company’s drinks Coca-Cola, Coke Zero Sugar and Coca-Cola Life under the umbrella of a single trademarked brand.
The spot was created by creative director Hal Curtis and Erik Fahrenkpoft. The art director was James Moslander and the copywriter was Adam Tetreault. It was directed by Kylie Matulick and Todd Mueller. Goldenwolf were behind the Coke Mural 2D animation.
- Review of the Year 2018: Back to Back with Astrid Stavro and Jody Hudson-Powell
- Adam Higton and Atelier Bingo collaborate to illustratively visualise the 12 months of the year
- Data journalist Mona Chalabi reviews her 2018 in statistics
- Kim Gehrig's latest advert is an eclectic, inclusive ode to the vulva
- Emulsion is a new magazine offering a holistic view of culture
- What one word best sums up your year? Take part in our Review of the Year Instagram brief
- Blok rethinks the design of cannabis after its legalisation in Canada
- We ask Duncan Cowles to create the ultimate Christmas ad, using only Adobe Stock and some expert advice
- Christmas decorations cause OCD sufferers distress in New York
- Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared to debut at Sundance Film Festival
- Design studio Julia on a decade of turning complex ideas into graphic symbols
- Multi-faceted designers Studio Bergini hops between projects with a cool, clean elegance