Originally guest posted by Andy J Miller
For my last post I wanted a true blast from my past. I remember right before I started school my older brother told me about The Letter People. He said that Mr. M with the Munching Mouth was his favourite and when we got to Mr. M in our lessons, he wanted me to get him one of the coloring book sheets. I am pretty sure the teacher wouldn’t let me have an extra, so I drew Mr. M for my brother instead.
I would say that may have been the starting point of my style and influence. I only remembered the letter people this year, but looking back there is truly a rich supply of great influence on my work in the Letter People. The link is to a hilarious and amazing Youtube video introducing Mr. N with his Noisy Nose!!!
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum