One of the most well known illustrators and toy-makers in the business is the ever prolific Gary Taxali. Continuing to produce fantastically tangible imagery day in day out he’s one of the real gems of vintage ilustration.
I’m not sure if it’s just me but Gary doesn’t seem to get as much press as he deserves on this side of the pond, so here’s me doing my bit.
- Foster Huntington’s stop-motion short of an '80s Californian skate off
- Dax Norman’s weird and wobbly animations with “cigarettes and eyeballs a plenty”
- Photographer Evija Laivina explores the ridiculous reality of the beauty industry
- Zhiyuan Yang's photos of her parents scrutinise China's nuclear family dynamics
- Mikey Please takes us behind the scenes, and the backlash, of the Bake Off trailer
- From New York to Springfield, it's Best of the Web
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled