So I went on about it enough last week but the launch of ‘Launch’ was a great success up in Newcastle on Friday night. Launch was part of Design Event 07 and a massive thanks has to go out to Karen and Danielle for inviting us (If You Could) to be part of it.
The other big thank you of the weekend goes to Dan and Elliot of Deadgood, a fantastic exhibition curated by the two of them held in the decommissioned fire station in the heart of the city.
The pair also produce products under the name Deadgood, including this bookshelf and mirror of the British Isles. Check out their site for more fantastic designs.
- Sarah Meyohas combines virtual reality, 10,000 roses and artificial intelligence in Cloud of Petals
- Paul Sahre chats to us about his new book Two Dimensional Man: A Graphic Memoir
- How can we connect young, diverse talent with the agencies who crave it?
- Ricky Leung’s illustrations capture the quiet moments of everyday life
- Photographer Chris Maggio palpably documents America’s current “emotional climate"
- Seoul-based Shrimp Chung’s dynamic designs are bright and full of impact
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- North reveals full Science Museum rebrand, and reacts to online criticism
- GraphicDesign& outline three projects that successfully support and impact mental wellbeing
- Dove apologises and removes advert showing a black woman becoming a white woman
- Apple announces launch of gender neutral emojis
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity