This week’s guest is the fantastic Stuart Kolakovic.
‘This is an image from my up-coming show, Never Been at Projekts MCR this December. Ever since writing Milorad, an 80 page comic about my Serbian Grandad, I’ve been really intrigued/obsessed with the eastern European folk art aesthetic and folklore. If it all comes together in time, I’ll have a 9 meter long drawing that will wrap around the back wall at Projekts.
Although not strictly a comic, it’s definitely going to contain snippets of narrative woven around the idea of a year in the life of a fictional late 19th century Eastern European Village. If you do find yourself in Manchester this winter, pop in and have a look. Other things do in Manchester include posing outside Salford Working Man’s club pretending you’re Morrissey, and getting beaten up by 8 year old scallies with rat ‘taches.’
See the full flyer for Never Been here and check back at lunchtime for Stu’s second post.
- Meet the speakers: Dougal Wilson, Ewen Spencer, GraphicDesign& and Gal-dem
- Claire Hentschker: the artist who recreated The Shining as an interactive 3D space
- Rosanna Webster and Phoebe Henry’s cinematic portrait of Cuba
- Alex Hunting’s crisp editorial designs are considered and multi-layered
- Raine Allen Miller’s latest ad shows kids experiencing the “side effects” of tech toys
- Colin Pantall's warm depiction of childhood and fatherhood taken over 12 years
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner