ECAL and RCA graduate Alexandre has got some fantastic work, including this, ‘Decision Spoon’. What makes Alexandre’s work even more beautiful is the meaning and thought that goes into it.
The French word for friend â€œcopain â€?is made of co- (with) and -pain (bread). So, a friend is someone you literally share your bread with. Nice.
‘A bread spoon is a funny and almost useful object. The nice thing about it is that it stresses the little fight between your brain and your stomach, as you have to make sure that you donâ€™t eat too much of its bread, otherwise you donâ€™t have any spoon left. More bread, less spoon. More soup, less bread. Life is made of choice.’
- Manshen Lo creates surreal, comic-inspired observational illustrations
- “To me, being a man just means being yourself”: five creatives share their thoughts on masculinity
- Hexatope: the web-app utilising computational arts to make personalised jewellery
- Lucy Hardcastle on her “most progressive film to date”
- Moby Digg creates grid-based identity for finance company Baugeld Spezialisten
- Typography and National Socialism – the journey of Futura in an era of "reactionary modernity"
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum