The word ‘beautiful’ gets a healthy amount of use on these pages, but it’s possible that it’s never been more deserved until now. Again, this video has done the rounds, but seeing as Beirut are playing the Jazz World Stage this weekend at Glastonbury, it seems right to mention it.
Choreography, costumes, set design, everything in this video is just as drunkenly triumphant as the song itself, ‘Elephant Gun’, the opening track from the Lon Gisland EP released earlier this year. There’s nothing quite like those big swells of brass. Director Alma Har’el has lots of other great film work and there’s a two part interview with her at Shots Ring Out here and here.
- All we want for Christmas is... Best of the Web!
- A trip to The Greenbrier – a preserved 112,544 sq foot government nuclear bunker
- Dougal Wilson goes behind the scenes of the mischievous Channel 4 idents
- An international cast of creatives chooses the biggest moments of 2017
- Bake Off, legalising weed and Fanta's redesign: highlights from March 2017
- Vogue's new editor and a typeface for pride: a look back at April 2017
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Why dyslexia makes you a great designer
- Plain packaging and health warnings on food and drink could cost companies hundreds of billions
- Anxy Magazine: The Workaholism Issue explores the impact of working hard versus working compulsively
- Graphic designer John Morgan launches type foundry and art platform, Abyme