The work of London based artist Claire Morgan is simply breath taking. Her work features three dimensional snap shots incorporating taxidermied animals and insects.
Pictured is Gone With The Wind, an 11 meter long piece made using wild flower seeds, a taxidermied kittiwake gull, nylon, lead and acrylic. This image really doesn’t do it justice, there are plenty more on her site documenting all her work to date.
Thanks to Danielle for the link.
- Malika Favre talks about studying engineering, her first job and tight deadlines from The New Yorker
- Say what you see, it’s Best of the Web!
- The art of plane watching captured by Mindaugas Kavaliauskas
- Friday Mixtape: escape from the world with Xenoula's ethereal mix
- Towers of Thanks: Res photographs their mother's life working for Donald Trump
- A world of pain: Sixteen Journal's latest issue
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner