So, I’m sure you’ve probably had enough of hearing people talk about Michael Jackson’s recently announced mammoth run at the O2 arena in London. No matter how good or bad his shows are, whether he even makes it to the final date, or even moonwalks what is safe is his back catalogue of classic videos.
Plucked from said archive is Speed Demon, a short film by claymation director Will Vinton. A classic film of Michael morphing himself into a motorcycle riding dog to get away from his fans, the oldest trick in the book. Also, it’s a nice excuse to show you the work of Mr. Vinton who if you don’t know you should invest a couple of minutes investigating.
- Mikey Please takes us behind the scenes, and the backlash, of the Bake Off trailer
- From New York to Springfield, it's Best of the Web
- Taschen releases two volumes of National Geographic’s best photographs from the past 125 years
- Simon Landrein takes Dan Croll down the rabbit hole in his animated video for Tokyo
- Thomas Duffield on photographing his dad’s hidden heroin addiction
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled