For our third and final week of competition with Lomography we asked viewers to contribute a photo on the theme ’It’s Nice That They’re Nice’. Although the title was a little convoluted, the submissions were anything but, with a brilliant crop of over 1,500 being sent. Here are the ten winners.
Hey Drofla, congratulations on winning the competition, can you tell us a little bit about who you are and what you do?
I am a high school student and am an artist and photographer. I love underwater photography!
What is your photo about, and why did you think it fit the ‘It’s Nice That They’re Nice’ theme?
My photo is with my new Nikonos V camera that takes 35 film. The concept behind the photograph is to capture the fluidity of human nature by completely separating the being from the Earth. By doing so, you can capture the unexplainable personality that is only visible underwater.
What’s the first thing you’re going to photograph with your new Diana Mini?
With my new Diana Mini, I plan to take black and white photographs
and develop them myself!
- Manshen Lo creates surreal, comic-inspired observational illustrations
- “To me, being a man just means being yourself”: five creatives share their thoughts on masculinity
- Hexatope: the web-app utilising computational arts to make personalised jewellery
- Lucy Hardcastle on her “most progressive film to date”
- Moby Digg creates grid-based identity for finance company Baugeld Spezialisten
- Typography and National Socialism – the journey of Futura in an era of "reactionary modernity"
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum