As a little weekend treat for you, here’s a real exclusive of a new piece of animation from the fantastic hands and minds of Johnny Kelly and Jethro Haynes. The brief was to come up with a new title sequence for Dutch TV show called Het Klokhuis (like a Dutch Blue Peter), and the duo set to work researching modelmaking techniques, including 3D printing, rapid prototyping and even some good old fashioned bendy wire.
Johnny invited me round to his studio at Nexus to see some of the models made for the shoot, and how it all came together. So, enjoy the title sequence embedded here, and click through for some candid pics.
- Ivana Bobic on exploring tactility in film, and how to make slow-mo jelly boobs
- The history of the hotel Venets: a 22-storey metaphor for Soviet utopia
- The Papier Machine collection of DIY electronic paper toys reinvents the activity book
- Brie Moreno's back with more felt tip-filled, curvy illustrations
- Meet Monkey Type, an international collective bananas about fonts
- Arielle Bobb-Willis’ colour-packed portfolio is the photographic equivalent of a SAD lamp
- Pee on this Ikea print ad, and if you’re pregnant, you get a crib half price
- Coca-Cola reveals custom typeface, TCCC Unity, inspired by its modernist heritage
- Muji to open “anti-gorgeous, anti-cheap” hotels in China and Japan
- The rebrand for Russia’s tourist board uses Suprematist geometry laid out as a map
- The Guardian unveils redesign across print and online
- A first look at Uber and NASA's new flying vehicle