As a little weekend treat for you, here’s a real exclusive of a new piece of animation from the fantastic hands and minds of Johnny Kelly and Jethro Haynes. The brief was to come up with a new title sequence for Dutch TV show called Het Klokhuis (like a Dutch Blue Peter), and the duo set to work researching modelmaking techniques, including 3D printing, rapid prototyping and even some good old fashioned bendy wire.
Johnny invited me round to his studio at Nexus to see some of the models made for the shoot, and how it all came together. So, enjoy the title sequence embedded here, and click through for some candid pics.
- All we want for Christmas is... Best of the Web!
- A trip to The Greenbrier – a preserved 112,544 sq foot government nuclear bunker
- Dougal Wilson goes behind the scenes of the mischievous Channel 4 idents
- An international cast of creatives chooses the biggest moments of 2017
- Bake Off, legalising weed and Fanta's redesign: highlights from March 2017
- Vogue's new editor and a typeface for pride: a look back at April 2017
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Why dyslexia makes you a great designer
- Plain packaging and health warnings on food and drink could cost companies hundreds of billions
- Anxy Magazine: The Workaholism Issue explores the impact of working hard versus working compulsively
- Graphic designer John Morgan launches type foundry and art platform, Abyme