As a little weekend treat for you, here’s a real exclusive of a new piece of animation from the fantastic hands and minds of Johnny Kelly and Jethro Haynes. The brief was to come up with a new title sequence for Dutch TV show called Het Klokhuis (like a Dutch Blue Peter), and the duo set to work researching modelmaking techniques, including 3D printing, rapid prototyping and even some good old fashioned bendy wire.
Johnny invited me round to his studio at Nexus to see some of the models made for the shoot, and how it all came together. So, enjoy the title sequence embedded here, and click through for some candid pics.
- It’s Nice That and Camden Council host evening of talks by LGBTQ creatives
- Michael Marcelle’s photography is “like a broken funhouse mirror in a gay haunted house”
- Books From The Future's experimentally collaborative and investigative publishing
- Issue four of Beauty Papers screws the formula of beauty, giving it a “brave new face”
- Molly Matalon shoots a fashion editorial in the desert, and things get brotherly
- Laura Callaghan on illustrating a lifestyle where women make all decisions
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- North reveals full Science Museum rebrand, and reacts to online criticism
- GraphicDesign& outline three projects that successfully support and impact mental wellbeing
- Dove apologises and removes advert showing a black woman becoming a white woman
- Apple announces launch of gender neutral emojis
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity