Originally guest posted by Bryony Quinn
A great how-did-i-live-without-you website consisting of an encyclopedic list of random pieces of pictorial matter collected by a Dr. Chris Mullen.
My favorites are found in ‘V is for Visual Codes’ where the records are all dedicated to the study of the Visual Narrative. In particular the ‘How To Remember Morsecode’ guide (pictured) and the Hobo Code. An ace resource via my school blog.
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum