Born in Lisbon, Ana Carolina Gomes begun her studies in Portugal where she was intersted in typography and traditional print processes.Ana then moved to the UK and Nottingham Trent University where she has just graduated with a degree in Graphic Design.
Her interests span architecture, information design and most of all “the beautiful type”.
What did you want to be when you were growing up?
Architect or Pilot.
In reflection, how bad was your work in the first year?
It wasn’t terrible, I just hadn’t developed enough, to achieve a beautiful finish. Conceptually I just wasn’t there yet.
If you could show a piece of your folio to one person, what piece would you choose, and who would you show it to?
Bonington Gallery Promotion and I would show it to Alan Fletcher (if he was still alive) because he was one of the most influential graphic designers there has ever been, and wouldn’t that be nice.
If you had your own studio, who would you share it with and why?
I would share it with Oscar Niemeyer because him and his buildings make me smile.
If you’ve got any left, what will you spend the last of your student loan on?
Where will we find you in 12 months?
In 12 months, not sure. In 12 years I hope to be sitting in my flat at the Barbican Estate.
Ana is still working on getting her website online, if you would like to get in touch with her please email [email protected]
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum