Why just play a record when you can wear it too? Sanky first drew our attention to Playbutton (a wearable button that plays music) at our Future:Content conference early this month. As he said on the day this is massively exciting and could go someway to reintroducing a physical element back into the music industry.
The content is pre-recorded and cannot be changed or downloaded and like an album, the sequence of the music can not be altered. The 4.5cm badge has a play/pause, skip and volume functions and runs on a re-chargeable lithium battery.
- Experimental animator Amanda Bonaiuto on building her own worlds
- Jaeha Kim channels different discplines of art through his graphic design practice
- The 14th issue of Nest speaks to the myriad experiences of gender
- Óscar Raña's scientific approach to illustration makes for beautiful geometric drawings
- Cabeza Patata brings energy and vivacity to its portfolio of 2D and 3D illustrations
- Whippets FC champions the unity and community of women’s football
- Q is the world’s first genderless voice hoping to eradicate gender bias in technology
- How and when do you shut down your studio? Carly Ayres on the decision to close HAWRAF
- Alexis Jamet's animations are warm, nostalgic and beautiful in their simplicity
- Tokyo 2020 reveals Olympic pictograms inspired by 1964 Games
- Graphic designer Jiri Mocek continues to produce inventive and expressive posters