Originally guest posted by James Houston
The most recent project I was involved in was to create a promo video for “So Tomorrow” by Official Secrets Act. They knew my work from seeing my graduation video for Radiohead ‘Big Ideas (Don’t get any)‘ video online, and asked me to create something for them. This was my result, made with the shortest turnaround I’ve ever had on a project – DV footage was shot of the band performing in London, then the tapes were couriered to me to work my magic in Glasgow. The frames around the video are based on old arcade cabinet bezels, and were used to bump the resolution up to lovely 720p high definition.
- Typography and National Socialism – the journey of Futura in an era of "reactionary modernity"
- Bleed combines nature and generative art to develop identity for Blank Architects
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum