Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds have been making brilliant music for a long time, and this morning sees them re-release their first four classic albums. Always great on the artwork and video front too, much to the thanks of directing duo Iain Forsyth and Jane Pollard.
Best known for their ‘re-enactments of cultural and art historical events and documents’, they have a fascinating folio, the like of which you’ve never seen before, including ‘A Rock ’N’ Roll Suicide’, which saw them re-stage David Bowie’s final performance as Ziggy Stardust 25 years after the original event. Anyway, sorry to sidetrack, here’s one of their more recent videos for Nick Cave with a little cameo from Will Self among others..
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum