Originally guest posted by Ill Studio
Curated by ill-studio, Art Of Music reflects upon the profound influence that music has on art and simultaneously art has on music and recognizes their common creative approach. The leading idea of the show emphasizes the fact that artists tastes in music are always strongly related to their work.
Twenty one international artists, graphic designers and illustrators have been asked to design the poster for the concert of their dream, including the line-up of choice and in any venue imaginable whether existing or not. After Los Angeles and Stockholm the posters are now exhibited at Colette in Paris.
- Nicolas Garner explores the clash of digital and organic in his hyperreal imagery
- Dennis Church’s 12-year project sees him capture the visual noise of America’s streets
- Hudson Christie’s illustration trickery uses depth to create textured, flat pieces
- A rare interview with enigmatic and cherished photographer, Nguan
- Karen Asher photographs the people and happenings of Winnipeg, Canada
- Nieves founder Benjamin Sommerhalder shares his passion for books and zines
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner